Flea Enterprises

Pinterest for Food Bloggers

January 22nd, 2012

Many of the blogs in the Foodies100 feature gorgeous pictures of food, ingredients and kitchens – we have some amazingly talented photographers in our community.

If your blog has great photos, then we suggest checking out Pinterest, a fairly new social network that lets users share inspirational images by ‘pinning’ them to mood boards that can be viewed by friends, and other users of the network.

Once you’ve signed up for Pinterest (you need to be invited by someone who has an account) then you can share images online with people who follow you. This is easier if you download the “pin now” button to your browser toolbar, allowing you to pin images from virtually any web page you visit.

Within your Pinterest account, you’ll be able to create multiple mood boards and organise them as you choose. Boards may be grouped by colour, food group, mood, or time of year – it’s completely up to you.  Each time you add an image to a board, you’ll be asked to post a quick description, and add ‘tags’ to your image – this helps your images be found by other Pinterest users.

Pinterest is also a fantastic source of inspiration for bloggers, and you’ll find thousands of recipes, meal plans, dining rooms and baking projects on the site. You can “follow” any other user of the site, if you like their boards. And if you find an image you love, you can re-pin it, and add it to one of your own boards, while sharing it with your own followers.

You can also create collaborative boards so that other users can pin photos onto one of your boards. This could be a really useful tool if you run a regular feature on your blog that other bloggers join in with. To allow other users to pin to your board you need to change your settings from ‘Just Me’ to ‘Me + Contributors’ using the Edit button. You need to make sure you are following at least one of their boards before you can add some one as a contributor.

Many bloggers say that Pinterest is a great source of new traffic – for sites with lots of attractive images, Pinterest may well become your biggest source of new visits.

If you write product reviews, it may also be worth pinning your review images to Pinterest and creating gift guides. Craft projects are also extremely popular on the site, particularly those with tutorials.

If you’d like to get started on Pinterest and need an invite, just leave a comment on this post, and one of the Foodies100 team will invite you from their account.

Looking for people to follow on Pinterest? Why not get started with these brilliant foodie bloggers on Pinterest?

Sian from Fishfingers for tea

Katy from The Feel-good Foodbook

Helen from The Crazy Kitchen

Julia from Jujubean2401′s Blog

Claire from Purely Food

Helen from Nelly’s Cupcakes

Natasha from Amelie’s House

Anne from I Heart Cupcakes

Jules from Butcher, Baker

Claire from Things we make

Do you already use Pinterest? Let us know your username so we can follow you and tell us how you use Pinterest.

Written by Foodies100

Sally is the publisher of Foodies100, the UK’s largest directory of brilliant UK food and drink blogs and bloggers. Every day of the week, we promote the UK’s best and most exciting blogs about food and drink.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

30 Comments

1. Posted 22 January 2012 at 9:38 pm | Permalink

Thanks for the mention, I have been using Pinterest since it first opened practically and love it. Such a great resource and place for inspiration. Would love to see some more UK bloggers on there!

• foodies100
      Posted 23 January 2012 at 10:55 am | Permalink

It is amazing isn’t it? In fact, sometimes a little too addictive…

• Posted 1 March 2012 at 9:23 am | Permalink

Totally agree with this… lots of American desserts on there (not that I am complaining, I do like massive puds)… :)

2. Posted 22 January 2012 at 9:48 pm | Permalink

I also love pinterest and find it a great source of inspiration for food as well as home decor, fashion etc. It’s a great way to find new blogs and has proved to be a great source of traffic. It’s always fun to see what people have pinned from your blog!

• foodies100
      Posted 23 January 2012 at 10:57 am | Permalink

I agree, it is a brilliant source of inspiration. Just need a few more hours in the day for pinning and making stuff that I’ve pinned!

3. Posted 23 January 2012 at 10:22 am | Permalink

Thank you for this – I have been meaning to look into pinterest as I have notice one or two people have pinned pics from my website. I wonder if I could ask for an invite from someone, so that I can get started?

Many thanks
    Penny

• foodies100
      Posted 23 January 2012 at 10:57 am | Permalink

Hi Penny, I’ve sent you an invite. Enjoy pinning!

4. Posted 23 January 2012 at 10:52 am | Permalink

I am new to Pinterest, only started a few weeks ago but I love it! I love making lists in real life, so Pinterest for me is heaven: not only I can list things, but I can also add photos to enhance the experience! And I find it quite inspiring, too. My username is mylovelybites :)

@Penny: I can’t find you email, otherwise I would invite you no problem!

• foodies100
      Posted 23 January 2012 at 10:58 am | Permalink

Lists with gorgeous photos – what more could you want?

5. Posted 25 January 2012 at 10:08 am | Permalink

Thanks for listing me…see you all on Pinterest.

• foodies100
      Posted 31 January 2012 at 5:35 pm | Permalink

Love following your boards!

6. Posted 29 January 2012 at 8:06 am | Permalink

Thanks for this list. Will start to follow these people now. I noticed in the top comment, Nelly said she would like to see more UK bloggers on there. Pinterest is only now SLOWLY becoming known in the UK and elsewhere.

We’re from the UK but blog about Turkey and Turkish food and recipes. We only found out about Pinterest a couple of months back when we got a visit to the blog from it. We’re now addicted and have a few food boards on there! :)

We’re on Pinterest as Turkey’s For Life if anyone would like to join us.

Julia

• foodies100
      Posted 31 January 2012 at 5:35 pm | Permalink

We’ll come and find you on Pinterest :-)

7. Posted 3 February 2012 at 8:54 pm | Permalink

I’m so obsessed with Pinterest! Using it to help spread the word about delicious vegan and vegetarian food at: http://pinterest.com/madejustright/

8. Posted 6 February 2012 at 12:47 am | Permalink

At first, I wasn’t so sure about it, but now I use Pinterest almost daily to find inspiration, share content and photos, and connect with others. http://pinterest.com/maoomba/

9. Elena
    Posted 6 February 2012 at 6:24 pm | Permalink

Would it be possible to get a Pinterest invite please, please? I would truly appreciate it so much because I’ve been waiting for months to get my invitation and it hasn’t arrived. I’m so excited to start pinning if only I could create an account! I would be grateful for any and all help! Thank you!

• foodies100
      Posted 6 February 2012 at 7:01 pm | Permalink

Hi Elena, I have sent you an invite. Happy Pinning!

• Elena
        Posted 6 February 2012 at 7:10 pm | Permalink

Thank you so very much! I plan on starting a food blog with my mother, as a fellow foodie!

10. Posted 1 March 2012 at 7:43 am | Permalink

I love Pinterest, it’s a great way to collate all sources of inspirations together, art, crafts, gifts… as well as food! I regularly pin my stuff (indulgent but healthy vegan cooking) along with others i’ve been inspired by. I’d love for you to join me!

11. Posted 1 March 2012 at 9:22 am | Permalink

Thanks for the list above.. I love pintrest (it combines two of my favourite things – food and making lists so I’m becoming a bit obsessed with it). I do find it hard to find people to follow though so will be following all of the above now :)

12. Posted 1 March 2012 at 6:14 pm | Permalink

Hello!
    I am using Pinterest since this January.
    Mostly to promote my blog Easy Recipes.
    I wanted to ad Pin button beside every picture of my blog but it did not worked.
    It would mean a lot for blog promotion.
    This is my username on pinterest:

so, if someone needs invite…
    Best regards!

13. Posted 8 March 2012 at 2:19 pm | Permalink

Hey all, I just recently joined the Pinterest revolution as well! I feel like I’m in the same boat here, wish I had joined all the hype a while ago. I tried it out a few months ago but didn’t really “get it”, but now I am hooked!

I post article pictures from our blog AdLib Recipeto our Pinterest site at:

I’m always looking for more recipe/cooking Pinners to follow, I 100% agree it’s a great place for inspiration. Have already followed most of the people on here, thanks for the suggestions.

14. Posted 9 March 2012 at 4:25 pm | Permalink

Like quite a few of the bloggers here, I’ve only recently join pinterest. I’ve heard about it on twitter and decided to have a go at it myself. Still trying to figure what it’s all about but I like the fact that I can pin photos from my food blog [Feast to the world] on it and hopefully draw in more traffic. I write about food that I grew up with in Singapore and other parts of Asia such as korean, Japanese, Malaysian etc. I also write about food that I’ve grown to love since moving to UK about 15 years ago.

15. Posted 16 April 2012 at 11:32 pm | Permalink

Thanks for all the links to other bloggers’ Pinterest accounts! I’ve gone on a happy following spree :)

If anyone wants to follow mine, it’s

Happy Pinning!

16. Jenn Sterling
    Posted 17 April 2012 at 3:39 pm | Permalink

I would just like to say thanks for having a list of food bloggers – I am new to pinterest (about a month) and am looking for interesting people to follow, loved the list! Added a few of them!

17. Posted 13 May 2012 at 9:46 pm | Permalink

I am back on now they have changed their guidelines.

• foodies100
      Posted 13 May 2012 at 9:49 pm | Permalink

Yay! Just followed you.

18. Posted 1 June 2012 at 3:17 pm | Permalink

thanks a lot for this cool information! Pinterest is awesome,
    follow back on pineteres :) http://pinterest.com/triciaeunice/
    thank you!

19. Posted 18 February 2013 at 12:43 pm | Permalink

Hi all,
    would love to meet fellow food bloggers on pinterest.

20. Posted 25 January 2014 at 12:09 pm | Permalink

hi, i would also like to jion some groups and contribute.. how to request for an invite ?

my page is http://www.pinterest.com/KitchenMasti/