We all hate to throw away food because it hasn’t been used in time! Not only is it a waste of our well-earned cash, it’s also bad for the environment too. Food waste is a major issue. We throw away 7.2 million tonnes of food and drink from our homes every year, the majority of which could have been eaten.
Love Food Hate Waste aims to raise awareness of the need to reduce food waste and help us take action. It shows that by doing some easy practical everyday things in the home, we can all waste less food, which will ultimately benefit the environment and our purses too. It is run by WRA, a not-for-profit organisation that works in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland to help businesses and individuals reap the benefits of reducing waste, develop sustainable products and use resources in an efficient way.
To help people do this, Love Food Hate Waste is hosting a twitter party asking for your tips and suggestions for keeping your food #FresherForLonger, as well as offering their expert advice.
- Is there something you aren’t sure about when it comes to storing your food and keeping it fresher for longer?
- Do you have a storage tip up your sleeve you think others should know too?
- Or are you famous for creating exquisite food with your left overs?
- Or simply, do you have a question for our Love Food Hate Waste expert?
If so, we want to hear from you! Join the #FresherForLonger Twitter Party with our Love Food Hate Waste expert Emma Barnett, who will provide advice and offer her suggestions, as well as giving you the opportunity to put your tips and questions forward.
How to get involved:
- First make sure you are following @LFHW_UK and @foodies100 on Twitter
- Tweet us between 1pm – 2pm on Tuesday 5th March with your suggestions for keeping your food fresher for longer, using #FresherForLonger
- The six best suggestions submitted during the party will win a fabulous prize from the Love Food Hate Waste team – a voucher for a cookery class at one of Miele’s fantastic workshops, held all over the UK, and worth up to £125!