We all hate food waste, it is a waste of money and bad for the planet too. With food prices ever rising food poverty is an ever increasing issue in the UK, throwing 7.2 million tonnes of food and drink being thrown away every year just seems wrong.
Today we are hosting a twitter party alongside Love Food Hate Waste asking for your tips and suggestions for keeping your food #FresherForLonger, as well as offering their expert advice.
- Questions on what use by and best before dates actually mean.
- Making the most of your storage
- Maximising your freezer
- Feasting on scraps and leftovers
- Meal planning
- Savvy shopping
- Questions for our Love Food Hate Waste expert?
If so, we want to hear from you! Join the #FresherForLonger Twitter Party with our Love Food Hate Waste expert Emma Barnett, who will provide advice and offer her suggestions, as well as giving you the opportunity to put your tips and questions forward.
To Take Part:
- Follow @LFHW_UK and @foodies100 on Twitter
- Tweet us between 1pm – 2pm on Tuesday 5th March with your suggestions for keeping your food fresher for longer, using #FresherForLonger
- The six best suggestions submitted during the party will win a fabulous prize from the Love Food Hate Waste team – a voucher for a cookery class at one of Miele’s fantastic workshops, held all over the UK, and worth up to £125!