This week’s Ten at Ten is by Elizabeth from Elizabeth’s Kitchen.
My name is Elizabeth and I’m a stay-at-home Mum of three and a final year Open University science student living in Shetland, an archipelago in the North Sea. I’ve always had a passion for cooking and baking and I started a food blog 18 months ago as a creative outlet to share recipe ideas. The following selection of recipes have made me go “Mmmmm, yes please!” over the last week. I hope you enjoy!
10. Spicy Bean Burgers with Sweet Chilli Jam by Jacqueline Meldrum
Jacqueline blogs at Tinned Tomatoes and her recipe combining three types of beans, chilli, cumin powder and fried halloumi, a few of my most favourite ingredients, has just been published on the Good Food Channel website.
9. Shetland Bannocks by Ms. Marmite Lover
The Cookery Book for Northern Wives by Miss Margaret B. Stout is a staple for home cooks in Shetland and this bannock recipe, made by MsMarmiteLover on her recent trip to the islands, is absolute perfection.
8. No-knead Spelt Bread by The Kitchen Maid
As a recent convert to the wonderful world of spelt flour this no-knead bread sounds delicious and quick to make, perfect for a busy Mum.
7. Blueberry and Vanilla Midsummer Night Tarts by A Kick at the Pantry Door
Vanilla infused blueberry compote spread over creme patissere in a crumbly shortcrust pastry base, what more could one ask for?
6. Cherry & Almond Victoria Sandwich by At Home with Mrs. M
I love cherry bakewell tarts, so this homemade cake version really appeals to me!
5. Beef Casserole with Cheddar Dumplings by Sally from Good Food and Red Shoes
Sally’s completed a frugal food challenge this week, spending only £42 on food for a family of 4 and her beef casserole with dumplings sounds like the perfect low-budget comfort food.
4. The ‘Big Daddy’ Salted Caramel Chocolate Fudge Cake by Ren Behan
Four layers of chocolate cake with salted caramel buttercream and a chocolate fudge topping? I’ve died and gone to heaven!
3. Pimm’s Summer Salad by Foodiequine
Strawberries, cucumber and mint are combined with a dressing including Pimms for a fantastic sounding BBQ salad.
2. Cherries in Vinegar by As Strong as Soup
Cherries are in season now and this recipe sounds like a perfect way to preserve them for later months.
1. Beetroot and Cashew ‘hummus’ by Kellie’s Food to Glow
As is the case for every single recipe post on Kellie’s blog, this beautifully photographed and delicious sounding recipe is mouth-watering and I can’t wait to try it!
Many thanks to Elizabeth for her mouth watering round up. Follow her on twitter at @tangoraindrop
If you would like to contribute a Ten at Ten one week and share your favourite blog posts we’d love to hear from you. Please leave a comment below.