Christmas is coming and for most people that means one thing – turkey!
But what are we to do with the leftover turkey after Christmas Day? A human can only eat so many turkey sandwiches before turkey-fatigue starts to set in.
So that’s where you come in – we’re looking for your favourite turkey recipes. Do you have a great recipe for turkey curry? Turkey casserole? A turkey risotto?
Whatever the recipe, we want to hear about it – just leave a link in the Linky at the end of this post.
And to kick it off, here’s our family’s favourite way of using up leftover turkey after Christmas – leftover Turkey Pie.
Leftover Turkey Pie Recipe
- 500g leftover turkey, cut roughly into chunks (remove any tough bits at this stage)
- 500g shortcrust pastry
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 onion
- 1 large carrot
- 2 leeks
- 300ml chicken stock
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- First, pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees celcius, or Gas Mark 6
- Next, fry the onion, carrot and leek in a large pan until they’re softened. Pour in the chicken stock, herbs and seasoning.
- Add cooked turkey to the pan, mix cornflour with water and use to thicken the stock, as needed.
- Let the mixture cool.
- Roll out half the pastry and place in an oven proof dish. Top with the turkey mixture and use the second half of the pastry to cover.
- Pinch and crimp the edges of the pastry to seal the pie.
- Cook for 30-40 minutes until the top of the pie is golden brown.
Now it’s your turn – add your turkey recipes to the Linky below!