- Nova at Cherished by Me who wins a £100 John Lewis voucher for her Brazilian Chicken with Rice and Beans Recipe
- And to Rachel at Tea and Tales who wins a £400 John Lewis voucher for her Flavour Story
In 2014, global flavour leader McCormick, parent company of leading herbs and spices brand Schwartz, is celebrating its 125th anniversary. The yearlong celebration kicks off with the launch of the 125th Anniversary Edition of the Flavour Forecast and the Flavour of Together programme, with the goal of connecting people around the world as they share 1.25 million stories about the special role food and flavour plays in our lives through. You too can get involved and share your flavour story, this could be a recipe that is filled with the flavours that have been passed through generations or from childhood. That recipe picked up during travels whose flavours bring to life all of the experiences and memories.
For every story shared on Schwartz’s website and Facebook page or any of McCormick’s websites or social channels, Schwartz and McCormick together will donate $1, up to $1.25 million to United Way and their partners’ organisations. In the UK, Schwartz will support Focus on Food, a charitable food education programme and partner of United Way Worldwide, that champions cooking as an essential ingredient for healthy, happy lifestyles.
There are already over 65,000 flavour stories on FlavourofTogether as people from all over the world share their experiences. To help you get started, here are few ideas of inspiration; why not tell us how you and your family celebrate Sunday dinner, or the best meal you’ve shared with friends.
What are your ‘home by seven, dinner by eight’ go to staples, or how do you turn last night’s leftovers into a Monday night masterpiece? We’re all passionate about food and cooking, so tell your flavour story and you’ll be in with a chance of winning a fantastic food lovers’ prize.
For your chance to win a £400 John Lewis voucher simply share your flavour story on your blog. I might be a recipe that always reminds you of your childhood or a favourite place and link to www.facebook.com/schwartzcookingclub or FlavourofTogether.com to encourage others to share their flavour stories.
Schwartz and McCormick are also releasing a special anniversary edition of their influential annual Flavour Forecast® report, a global summary of insights into what the world will be eating next. The McCormick® and Schwartz Flavour Forecast® 2014: 125th Anniversary Edition reveals five flavour insights that are driving the future of flavour in the next few years. These insights include: Chillies Obsession, Modern Masala, Clever Compact Cooking, Mexican World Tour and Charmed by Brazil.
For more information on this year’s Flavour Forecast, including detailed descriptions of each insight, recipes to try at home and more, please visit www.schwartz.co.uk
How to Enter:
- Write an original blog post explaining your favourite flavour story or memory
- Use your imagination to bring your story to life – you can use pictures, video and text!
- If you supply a recipe don’t forget to include why it’s special to you.
- Make sure to publish your post before 5pm (GMT) on the closing date of March 14, 2014.
- Somewhere in your blog post, invite your readers to share their own flavour stories via the Schwartz website or Facebook page
- Remember to include the sentence: “This post is an entry into the Foodies100/Schwartz Flavour of Together challenge.”
- Share your entry in our Linky below
- If you Tweet your entry to Foodies100 using #FlavourStories, we will share as many entries as we can
- Please be sure to read the full terms and conditions