Ah, the hours we lose every day on Pinterest. One minute, we’re sitting down, determined to be productive and bash out a quick blog post, and then next… well, actually 40 minutes has passed and all we’ve done is scrolled through Pinterest, dreaming of a better life and repinning our favourite images.
But, actually, Pinterest can be a valuable source of inspiration for food bloggers. Not only are there recipe ideas, but you can pick up tips on themes and angles, and see what’s really popular with other foodies.
We’ve selected ten food bloggers that inspire us on Pinterest. So here they are, in no particular order….
1. Kathryn from London Bakes – gluten free baking is Kathryn’s bag and her Pinterest board is a mecca of baked delights. We dare you not to spend at least ten minutes drooling over the Chocolate Cake board.
2. Emily from A Mummy Too – her Cooking With Kids board has loads of quick simple ideas like frozen banana pops with peanuts… healthy and fun to make.
3. Sian from Fishfingers For Tea – we love her Using Up Leftovers board, with recipes like gammon and vegetable frittata.
4. Anyonita from Anyonita Nibbles – just one look at her Easy Slow Cooker board (special shout out to the Crock-Pot beef gorilla soup pin) will make you rush out and buy a slow cooker.
5. Nelly from Nelly’s Cupcakes – Nelly has a fantastic Food Photography Inspiration board that’s packed with ideas on composition, lighting and clever ways to improve your blog photos.
6. Poppy from Bunny Kitchen – if it’s vegan recipes you’re after, Poppy’s Pinterest boards are a wealth of inspiration. We really want to try her jaffa cake green smoothie.
7. Maria from Feisty Tapas – this is one blogger who loves her Thermomix and she has a board with over 250 ideas.
8. Wendy from Daisies And Pie – whether you’ve got kids or you just like cute lunches, Wendy’s Bento board will give you loads of food for thought.
9. Rachel Cotterill – it’s Rachel’s Cake Decorating board that we really love. Now where’s our piping bag?
10. Margot from Coffee and Vanilla – there are traditional Polish recipes a-plenty here. We’re tempted to make the baked ptysie pastries today.
Who do you love to follow on Pinterest? Tell us your favourites…