Each Friday at 10am we invite a Foodies100 member to share their favourite ten posts with us. If you’d like to share some of your favourite reads then get in touch with our editor Alison at email@example.com. You’ll get a link back to your own site and other social platforms, as well as the opportunity to introduce yourself to a bunch of new readers.
This week, we’ve got Kirsty from Hijacked By Twins picking her favourite recipes perfect for the bank holiday weekend…
OVER TO KIRSTY…
I love bank holidays. Everybody always seems to be so much more relaxed. Bank holidays are also a great time to have family over for a foodie treat. It’s the perfect opportunity to enjoy cooking up a delight and spending some quality family time together.
This week my Ten at Ten includes some fantastic ideas for laying out a delicious spread when entertaining.
- Honest Mum has a lovely, easy Greek salad which will not take long to prepare, thus allowing you more time to spend with the family.
- Julie’s Family Kitchen’s cheese and tomato pesto puffs will be a hit with both the children and the adults. They make a lovely addition to any buffet.
- My Golden Pear has made a lovely smoked mackarel pate and it’s one that can be made in advance, removed from the fridge when guests arrive and served with either toasts or crackers.
- Of course when we have nice weather, the barbeque has to come out! Romanium Mum’s chicken kebabs will be tasty cooked on the BBQ while the kids play.
- Carrying on with the BBQ theme The Crazy Kitchen’s vegetable burgers are a delicous alternative to meat. It’s amazing what you can do with a bag of frozen veg!
- I love to serve new potatoes on a buffet and Casa Costello’s spicy herby potatoes give new potatoes a makeover and an extra taste that will please everyone.
- I adore the flavours that chorizo brings to a dish. It reminds me of hot, sunny climates. Taming Twins has created a lovely dish to be enjoyed al fresco – chorizo and kale strata.
- Of course, on a buffet there has to be bread and as the children are off school the breadimals by Mummy Makes Cakes are a brilliant way to get the children involved in the meal preparation.
- For the younger children Eats Amazing have endless ideas for imaginative and creative lunches that the little ones will love. Try these lovely Easter ideas for a lunch they will love!
- No bank holiday spread would be complete without a cake! This blueberry lemon drizzle cake from Mummy Mishaps is a perfect, spring time cake.
I hope my Ten at Ten has given you some tasty ideas! Have a great long weekend.