Welcome once again to Helen from Casa Costello. Helen is a busy mum of three from Merseyside with a fantastic blog. She is a keen cook, loves trying new recipes but her first love will always be baking. She runs the weekly Bake of the Week link up, says she loves to enter cooking challenges and admits to developing rather an addiction to Pinterest! Each month, Helen will be picking her favourite baking posts for us all to read and enjoy.
- Cakeyboi encourages us to start the day with a zing with these lemon drizzle waffles.
- Next it’s on with the most striking raspberry & rosewater bundt cake from Dolly Bakes. This cake is pure glam rock and so unusual.
- HungryHealthyHappy shared a lemon, apricot & almond cake with us this month. It’s even healthier than most normal cakes as it contains no sugar or flour. Bonus!
- Staying with the healthy theme, why not try this rosewater fruit cake by Baking Bar?
- Holly at Recipes From a Normal Mum created a magnificent carrot & almond layer cake. Quite an unusual combination of flavours but, apparently, it works wonderfully.
- Easter isn’t over until the last Hot Cross Bun has been demolished! There’s still time to make these wholemeal apple hot cross buns by Fab Food For All.
- If you are looking to try baking something completely different, Coffee & Vanilla made a Polish fruit dessert this month – almond & cranberry mazurek.
- I’m hoping to get my children eating rhubarb this year – I think this rhubarb & custard cheesecake from Gourmet Mum might be the perfect recipe to try on them. Apparently it’s simple enough that they can even help making it.
- If you are looking for a special celebration cake this month, The Cake Hunter is tempting us with this coconut mojito cake. How divine does that sound?
- And lastly, lets not forget the good old peach in our fruity bakes – perfect packed lunch food for those summer picnics peach & blueberry maple syrup muffins from More Than An Occasional Baker.
For next month’s theme, I’ll be looking at COLOUR – Until then, happy baking!