Each Friday at 10am we invite a Foodies100 member to share their favourite ten posts with us. If you’d like to share some of your favourite reads then get in touch with our editor Alison at firstname.lastname@example.org. You’ll get a link back to your own site and other social platforms, as well as the opportunity to introduce yourself to a bunch of new readers.
This week, Becky from Munchies and Munchkins has chosen her favourite recipes that will inject some summer sun into your life, even if it’s been as wet as this week has been for most of us! Becky has two daughters (Izzy aged 2.5yrs and Chloe aged 6 months) and she writes about food, festivals and her family. “I really love to cook and eat and talk about..write about…and take photos of food,” she says. “I mostly cook simple family food although I do like the fancy stuff too and I really enjoy sharing my recipes with others via the blog.”
over to becky…
- The Pie Patch is still a fairly new blog compared to some but every recipe post is guaranteed to make me hungry. Lucy makes really good, comforting family meals and I love the honest way in which she writes. This is her recipe for Mediterranean sausage and tomato tray bake.
- Next up are some baked sweet potato fries from A Mummy Too I’ve developed a bit of a thing for sweet potato fries and as I’m currently trying to lose some baby weight I think the baked option is definitely on my to make list.
- Onto something sweet from The Crazy Kitchen – a barbecued fruit sundae. I love anything barbecued and fruit is on exception. I think my toddler would love this too.
- I really liked these bean and sweetcorn burgers from Gourmet Mum and I think Izzy would love to help me make them. We do try to have at least one meat free day each week so this is ideal.
- I can imagine eating this BCKT sandwich from Eats Like A Girl in my garden on a warm day drinking a glass of Pimms while watching the children play. I heart crispy kale.
- Bearing in mind that breakfast is the most important meal of the day I want to try this healthy French toast from Hungry Healthy Happy.
- And still with breakfast in mind and knowing that strawberries are at their very best right now, I could try this one punnet strawberry jam from Fab Food 4 All
- I’m planning on going foraging this week for wild garlic so the next two recipes are my inspiration with tear and share wild garlic pesto bread from Bangers and Mash and wild garlic and cashew dip from Keeper of the Kitchen.
- Finally we have to finish with a dessert and this passion fruit and white choc profiterole recipe from Casa Costello looks sublime. My other half is mad for profiteroles and this is a little bit different.