Each Friday at 10am we invite a Foodies100 member to share their favourite ten posts with us. If you’d like to share some of your favourite reads then get in touch with our editor Alison at firstname.lastname@example.org. You’ll get a link back to your own site and other social platforms, as well as the opportunity to introduce yourself to a bunch of new readers.
This week, we’ve got the brilliant Andrea from All You Need Is Love And Cake, choosing her top picnic picks! Andrea is a stay at home mum to three year old daughter Sophie. She blogs about anything and everything family and is trying to improve her baking (not always successfully!) bit by bit.
over to andrea…
It’s summer! And what’s better than sharing great food with family and friends in the great outdoors? You can’t beat a picnic, whether it’s an event in itself, you take it along on a family day out or you eat it in the garden with the kids. And it doesn’t have to stop at sandwiches and sausage rolls. Just check out these ten fabulous recipes which are sure to get your taste buds tingling.
- If you fancy something a little bit different to your run of the mill salad, this halloumi tabbouleh by Keynko is perfect. It looks delicious and is the perfect picnic accompaniment.
- Swap sandwiches for pizza. How amazing does this roasted vegetable wrap pizza from My Fussy Eater look? And pretty healthy too – just don’t tell the kids!
- I always feel a bit sorry for vegetarians missing out on sausage rolls – a timeless classic that no picnic is complete without – well no more thanks to Tinned Tomatoes and her spicy three bean sausage roll recipe.
- A classic with a twist, these tiny delicious looking scotch quails eggs by The Little Loaf are sure to go down well with both children and adults alike.
- Do you love it or hate it? I’m talking Marmite of course – if you are in the ‘love it’ category then you will love these Marmite pinwheels from The Recipe Resource.
- And how about something to dip? I love vegetable crudités and I love the sound of this htipiti dip from Greedy Gourmet – it’s nice to have something a bit different, and cheese, peppers and chilli sounds right up my street.
- I loved these cinnamon apple muesli squares from The Crazy Kitchen. I love flapjacks, apple and cinnamon and I know these would be a massive hit on any picnic we have.
- This berry, elderflower and granola tray bake from Mummy Mishaps just looks absolutely gorgeous – so pretty and sure to impress on any picnic.
- Have you been out picking your own berries? If you have and you managed to get some blackcurrants, then this blackcurrant loaf by Pink Ice Cream and Raincoats is the perfect seasonal treat to use them all up.
- Of course, after all that food and with this heat you will need a refreshing drink, and this raspberry lemonade from Recipes From a Pantry should hit the spot perfectly. Ahhh!
What are your favourite picnic recipes?