Each Friday at 10am we invite a Foodies100 member to share their favourite ten posts with us. If you’d like to share some of your favourite reads then get in touch with our editor Alison at email@example.com. You’ll get a link back to your own site and other social platforms, as well as the opportunity to introduce yourself to a bunch of new readers.
This week, we have Becca from Amuse Your Bouche making a selection is taking the reigns today – she is a 20-something who lives in Hertfordshire with her new hubby, and loves blogging simple vegetarian recipes.
OVER TO BECCA…
- One of my favourite carnivore-friendly recipes is my very own slow cooker Mexican casserole – the big Mexican flavours and the abundance of beans and veggies will keep everyone happy!
- Helen from Fuss Free Flavours brought this simple, frugal dish of fagioli all’uccelletto back from her trip to Italy early this year. A rich tomato sauce packed with beans will fill you up and leave you satisfied.
- This hearty tomato and bean soup from Dannii at Hungry Healthy Happy is budget friendly, low calorie and ready in under 15 minutes.
- As a veggie in a family of carnivores, Emily at A Mummy Too specialises in creating meat-free meals the whole family can enjoy. This smokey halloumi pasta bake is packed with flavour and texture.
- Potjiekos is traditionally a South African meat stew, slow cooked in a three-legged cast iron pot over an open fire – but this curried vegetable version from Jeanne at Cook Sister is so delicious nobody will even miss the meat. You can also make it in a crock pot or even a Dutch oven over low heat.
- This hearty chickpea and sweet potato stew from Jacqueline at Tinned Tomatoes goes perfectly with rice, pitta bread or even mashed potatoes!
- The carnivore won’t even notice the meat’s gone in this roasted vegetable chilli from Gary at Big Spud – it’s packed with layers of flavour and served with parmesan wedges.
- Tofu doesn’t need to be only for vegetarians – this goi chay (Vietnamese noodle salad) from Nazima at Franglais Kitchen is packed with so much flavour that nobody will miss the meat.
- For something a bit lighter, try this courgette, goat’s cheese and mint frittata from Kavey at Kavey Eats.
- A vegetarian cross between lasagne and enchiladas, this enchilada casserole from Rachel Cotterill is sure to please everyone.