Each Friday at 10am we invite a Foodies100 member to share their favourite ten posts with us. If you’d like to share some of your favourite reads then get in touch with our editor Alison at firstname.lastname@example.org. You’ll get a link back to your own site and other social platforms, as well as the opportunity to introduce yourself to a bunch of new readers.
Today, Jo from Jo’s Kitchen has selected ten quick, tasty meals (or treats!) that kids will love. Since it’s the last week of the school holidays for many, and meal inspiration might be waning a little, this should inspire you!
Over to Jo…
Being a busy mum of two boys (one aged two and a half and six months), I know how hard it can be to get simple, tasty and heathy food in children which is quick to prepare and something they want to eat. Nowadays, due to our busy lives, it can be all to easy to reach into the freezer for a quick dinner and give children the same food all the time. However these Foodies100 bloggers have a few ideas you can use to brighten up your children’s mealtimes!
- I love these toasted sesame noodles from Elizabeth’s Kitchen Diary. They are ideal for a quick week night dinner or can be served cold in a lunchbox too.
- To keep the kids cool on hot summer days, these banana and strawberry smoothie lollies from A Mummy Too look ideal. Made from just milk, fruit and vanilla, they offer a cooling treat with a boost of calcium and vitamins but with no added junk.
- If your children are bored during the holidays, then why not make these chocolate cupcakes from Fab Food 4 All. I am yet to meet a child who will say ‘no’ to chocolate!
- For older children, these spicy three bean sausage rolls from Tinned Tomatoes would make the ideal after school snack, lunchbox or even a week day dinner, served with chips and peas or maybe a salad.
- My two-year-old loves spaghetti bolognese so I am sure he would love this extra carroty bolognese topped with a super cute puff pastry rabbit from Fuss Free Flavours.
- For a healthy snack to give children lots of energy for a day out, these lunchbox bars from Taming Twins really hit the spot!
- This raspberry and white chocolate traybake from Mummy Mishaps should be enough to keep most children sweet (and their mummies and daddies too!)
- My two-year-old loves sausages and I am always looking for new ways to serve them. This jungle dogs pasta from Hijacked By Twins.
- These mini quiches with a ham crust from Gourmet Mum are really quick and simple to prepare. Perfect for any busy mum!
- Pizzas are a firm favourite in my house and these pepper flatbread pizzas from Julie’s Family Kitchen can be made in a flash!
If you’re a parent and you try one of these recipes, comment below and tell us what you think! Big thanks to Jo for rounding up these brilliant ideas. You can follow Jo on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Google+ and Pinterest.