Each Friday at 10am we invite a Foodies100 member to share their favourite ten posts with us. If you’d like to share some of your favourite reads then get in touch with our editor Alison at email@example.com. You’ll get a link back to your own site and other social platforms, as well as the opportunity to introduce yourself to a bunch of new readers.
Today, we welcome May from Eat, Cook, Explore who is a London food blogger and runs her own Malaysian supper club. There are loads of fish dishes on her blog, but here she rounds up her favourite from other Foodies100 blogs…
I try to add more fish to my diet for both the health benefits and the lovely skin pumping side effect of eating oily fish. My repertoire of recipes is not that extensive and I find myself cooking the same well tested ones. I am slowly extending my fish cooking skills with some recipes I found on friends’ blogs…
- Summer may be fading but a lot of friends with allotments and vegetable plots still have a glut of courgettes to use up. This salmon and courgette lasagne by Delicieux is a nice variation from a meat one and healthy too.
- I’m always on the look out for more ways to cook healthy oily fish and this mackerel fillets with soy honey glaze recipe from Tamarind and Thyme is a winner. It’s quick and easy to cook and uses delicious Japanese flavours too.
- I love smoked salmon on its own served with a squeeze of lemon but this smoked salmon parfait by Pebblesoup is an elegant way to make an impressive dinner party dish, best of all, no cooking is required.
- Recently, I have been expounding about the healing properties of turmeric on Twitter and this turmeric and lime salmon with baked lime rice by Kelly Food to Glow is the perfect fish recipe which uses that in the marinade. A nice South East Asian twist to a salmon recipe with a curcumin boost too.
- Prawns are very easy and quick to cook. I like the simplicity of this grilled chilli soy marinated prawn recipe by Greedy Gourmet. You can cook it in a pan or on a BBQ for that extra smoky flavour.
- Here is a really quick supper dish from Babaduck: salmon and pasta in just ten minutes. We need a few of these quick recipes in our arsenal.
- I have a friend who goes fly fishing a lot and always comes back with lots of trout. I am looking for new ways to cook trout and here is a nice one from Elizabeth’s Kitchen Diary for trout fish cakes.
- There is nothing like a nice retro dish with a twist, like this prawn cocktail with lime and chilli by Feeding Boys And A Firefighter. Again, quick to put together with some store cupboard ingredients. Katie has poshed up her recipe here with lime and chilli.
- This cumin spiced fish with mango salsa by the Botanical Baker is another tasty fish recipe using halibut and I love the fresh flavoured accompaniment of the alphonso mango salsa.
- This comforting prawn curry by Fab Food 4 All is definitely one that I’ll be cooking soon.