Each Friday at 10am we invite a Foodies100 member to share their favourite ten posts with us. If you’d like to share some of your favourite reads then get in touch with our editor Alison at email@example.com. You’ll get a link back to your own site and other social platforms, as well as the opportunity to introduce yourself to a bunch of new readers.
Today, we’ve got Daniella from Madame Gourmand choosing her top ten family favourites. She lives in Warwickshire with her partner and two children. As a mum to a teenager and a toddler, she gets plenty of practice making family food, but where does she get her inspiration from?
Over to Daniella…
As the season is starting to change I’m no longer thinking about the delicious flavours of summer like cherries, runner beans and fennel. Instead I’m lusting over pumpkins, pears and cabbage. I’d like to share some of the blog posts that I’ve been reading recently that have excited my tastebuds and inspired me to cook something similar for my family who, like me, are obsessed with good food. I love reading about the food other people eat and I especially like to see photographs that show off not just the food, but the dishes the food is served on.
- I’ve only recently discovered Alida’s blog My Little Italian Kitchen and I’m already hooked. Each photograph I see makes my mouth water. I love the variety of posts and the healthy recipes, my current favourite being these marinated sardines.
- As a family, we adore pasta in all shapes and sizes but I very rarely make my own, this spinach and ricotta ravioli from Diary of a Sauce Pot has inspired me to get the pasta machine out more often.
- I find it difficult sometimes, trying to find nutritious lunchbox recipes that are suitable for both teenagers and toddlers, but these savoury cheesy lentil muffins that I found on the Nutritious Deliciousness blog fit the bill exactly.
- Tales of Pigling Bland is one of my favourite food related blogs, I love the photography and reading about Gills various kitchen adventures. This stuffed Armenian lavash is just the sort of food that has my family queuing up at the kitchen door with their plates… even the toddler.
- When I saw Hijacked By Twins post for mini pear pies, I couldn’t resist having a go myself. They were a huge hit with my children and so simple to make.
- I love brownies in all shape and form so when I spotted these dulce de leche and sea salt brownies on the Food Nerd blog, I had to scribble down the recipe for future reference. I’m very jealous of Rachel’s cookery book collection, it’s HUGE.
- My children love bread in any form, especially if it contains raisins and fruit. The wholemeal tea loaf that recently featured on Baked with Kindness would be perfect for breakfast or treat time in our household and would be a great alternative to the white version I usually make.
- I have a huge bucket of foraged apples in my kitchen which is calling for me to turn it into the spiced plum and apple compote featured on the Bangers and Mash blog
- Continuing on the sweet theme and another recipe including plums is this delicious looking plum and almond tarte tatin cake from the Free From Fairy. I love the recipes that Vicki posts and It’s great to see that so many amazing meals can be made gluten free.
- Finally I’m sharing a recipe from my favourite blog Deena Kakaya, I always feel inspired and very hungry after a visit to her blog which recently featured one of my favourite indian desserts as an ice cream. Ladies and gentlemen I give you Deena’s falooda ice cream which is something I will be keeping for myself and hiding from the children.