Helen from Casa Costello is back with another baking round-up!
over to helen…
This month’s baking round up theme was so easy to choose – there’s an abundance of people baking for Halloween, and being so creative with their ideas. I’ve split the entries into two groups – Halloween Treats and Pumpkin Delights. Who knew there were so many ideas for using pumpkin – Gone are the days of only using the innards for soup!
Happy Halloween everyone!
- My girls squealed when they saw Mummy Mishaps’ Pumpkin Pinata Cake
- Cake Pops lend themselves so well to Halloween decorations. I love these Pumpkin Doughnut Pops by MumturnedMom
- Mexican Pumpkin Patch Rolls with Chicken & Wasabi Mayonnaise
- Fantastic Spider Cake – Love the piping on this from Just East
- One of the most dramatic dishes I’ve ever seen – Butternut Squash, Black Garlic & Blue Cheese Bake by Kavey Eats
- More fantastic Cake Pops from A Strong Coffee
- Genius idea from Alida at My Little Italian Kitchen to produce these Spider Pumpkin Mini Pies
- Apparently Belleau Kitchen’s Witches Eye-Balls and Goblin Bones started off as a disaster – You wouldn’t know!
- How fantastic is Dolly Bakes’ Skull Cake? Those scary eyes!
- And lets go the whole hog with some black Iced Buns with Green Goo courtesy of Bangers & Mash
There’s plenty of other Autumn/Halloween treats to enjoy across the land too with these Pumpkin Spectaculars:
- Pumpkin Pie Crackers from Amuse Your Bouche – super simple to make.
- The wonderful combination of Pumpkin & Maple with these Muffins from The Little Loaf
- A very tempting Apple Butter Pumpkin Pie from CakeyBoi
- Pumpkin Bread with a divine sounding Salted Caramel Glaze by Annie’s Noms
- Chocolate Pecan Pumpkin Cake from Chocolate Log Blog containing the surprise ingredient of fennel
- Perfect if you are short on time, Two Minute Chocolate Pumpkin Mug Cakes by Maison Cupcake
- For the bread fans, Pumpkin Pecan Roll with Maple Cinnamon Glaze
- Mini Pumpkin Pies as part of Hijacked by Twins’ Healthier Halloween range
- These look very moreish, Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake Brownies from Katie’s Cakes
- And not actually containing pumpkin, but looking like one we have Babaduck’s Pumpkinhead Carrot Cake
Helen from Casa Costello is a busy mum of three from Merseyside with a fantastic blog. She is a keen cook, loves trying new recipes but her first love will always be baking. She runs the weekly Bake of the Week link up, says she loves to enter cooking challenges and admits to developing rather an addiction to Pinterest! Each month, Helen picks her favourite baking posts for us all to read and enjoy.