This month’s veggie round up from Rachel Cotterill is a very elegant affair….
The nights are drawing in, and it’s getting close to Christmas party season. If you’re preparing to host a stylish event, you can never have too much inspiration, especially when it comes to canapés to serve to your guests between cocktails.
Do it right, and you can generate a table that’s groaning under the weight of enough finger-food to provide a full meal. (Or for your waiters to carry through the crowd on silver platters, along with flutes of champagne, if you’re aiming at that end of the market – but in that case you probably have caterers to make them for you, too.)
I’m sure I’m not the only one who skips dinner if I’m going to be snacking from the buffet all night long, but as a vegetarian, catering can sometimes be a bit hit-and-miss. These vegetarian and vegan ideas will ensure everyone is well fed, keeping the omnivores happy, too. Many of them are even pretty healthy.
Pictured, top left to bottom right:
- Vegan Guacamole Potato Skins from 40 Aprons
- Buffalo Tofu Wings from Oh My Veggies
- Beer Battered Fried Green Olives with Sriracha Mayo from Seasonal Veg Head
- Coconut Tofu with Maple-Sriracha Dipping Sauce from Glue & Glitter
- Saltine Crusted Fried Green Tomatoes from Flora Foodie
- Veg Galouti Kebab from When I Ate
- Vegan Spicy Sushi Rolls from Goodness Is Gorgeous
- Summer Salad Rolls from The Plant Strong Vegan
- Grilled Baby Artichokes from Veganosity
- Roasted Cauliflower Bruschetta from The Law Student’s Wife
And ten more ideas to fill your buffet table:
- Phkali Georgian Dumplings from Vegelicacy
- Potato Croquettes with Pesto and String Beans from Vegan Dare
- Avocado Veggie Rollups from The Single Bite
- Baby Heirloom Bruschetta from Pinki’s Palate
- Curried Carrot Lemony Hummus Crostini from Blissful Basil
- Japanese Yaki Gyozo Dumplings from Chipotle Potato
- Balsamic Tomato & Pesto Canapés from Jacqueline Meldrum
- Veggie Hummus Cups from The Kitchn
- Root Vegetable Crostini with Cranberry Relish from On Sugar Mountain
- Mini Guacamole & Olive Cups from Cookin’ Canuk
Are you planning any posh parties soon? Tell us about them and make us green with envy, as we sit here with our cup of tea and Rich Tea biscuit.
Rachel Cotterill is a freelance writer and photographer, computational linguistics PhD student, and someone who collects skills the way other people collect stamps – so far including dry-stone walling, taekwondo, sugarcraft, EFL teaching, rope-splicing, skiing & snowboarding, knitting & crochet, cooking, juggling, coppicing, and archery… the list keeps growing! You can find her blog at rachelcotterill.com and follow her on Twitter.