Love seafood? Then this week’s Ten at Ten is right up your street. Manjiri from Sliceoffme has chosen her favourites. Manjiri says she loves cooking fusion cuisine with Indian spices that appeal to the international palate. She describes herself as an enthusiastic foodie and writer with a passion for all things related to travel and photography and she regularly contributes unique recipes to various websites. Doubling as a Digital Marketer by day she hails from Mumbai,India and has a major love for anything ‘Seafood’.
Over to Manjiri…
Fish, prawns, crabs, langoustines – all are wonderful sources of protein/Omega 3 and can be consumed in various ways, from spicy Asian curries and hotpots to pies, pasta, fish cakes and of course the tempting fish’n’chips. Here is a list of some homely, delicious and unique recipes that are easy to re-create at home and are simply exploding with flavour!
- Monica’s weight loss journey and her experimentation with different types of foods is not only a beautiful read but also a collection of some really amazing and delicious recipes. Like her smoked mackerel and sweet potato fishcakes, an uber healthy version of the otherwise oily but very tasty snack.
- Anyonita is a full time blogger and mum who is now working full time (how does she do it?!) has an amazing blog with recipes which are easy and quick to prepare. I found the most gorgeous seafood creation on her blog – smoked salmon mousse verrine with avocado guacamole and lemon thyme paper – mmmm.
- Healthier version of fish and chips? Yes please! All the mums out there are going to love Caitriona’s recipe which will help you sneak in some veggies too. Her photos are sure to make you drool too.
- Tuna is one of my favourite fish and Fiona’s healthy tuna recipe created for the 5:2 diet has beautiful mirin soy and yuzu flavours. Visit her blog for fab reviews and loads of travel posts and recipes.
- If you’re looking for a unique way of combing fish and spaghetti then try Sylvia’s recipe for spaghetti with sardines inspired by a food-mag recipe. Her bi-lingual blog is a smorgasbord of delicious recipes.
- Another 5:2 diet recipe by Karen of Lavendar and Lovage, whose blog is an absolute visual treat. This low-cal luxury is a treat for your taste buds and am sure will taste as good as it looks.
- I love crabs and am a huge fan of spicy Asian flavours, this showstopper recipe for crispy soft shell crabs in garlic and chillies by Reluctant Dad is sure to be a crowd pleaser.
- Everyone needs a fish pie recipe in their life and Mari’s recipe for crispy seed topped fish pie is a scrumptious twist to a well-loved classic. Check out her blog for yummy inspiration.
- Louisa’s blog is so loaded with healthy, kid-friendly recipes that you can’t help but fall in love with it. She makes cooking with kids sound so easy peasy too. Get your little ones excited about seafood with her baked salmon stars recipe.
- This cross between a soup and stew from Alida’s little Italian kitchen – an easy and quick recipe for an Italian fish stew – is a warming treat apt for the colder months.
If you’d like to write a Ten at Ten for us, email Foodies100 editor Alison on email@example.com