We hope you had a lovely Christmas! We know it’s only Boxing Day, but we’re already thinking ahead to next week and New Year’s Eve. This week’s Ten at Ten comes from Kirsty at Hijacked By Twins and it’s her round up of brilliant recipes for a New Year’s Eve party.
Over to Kirsty…
New Year’s Eve is a great time to have a get together with family and good friends. It is also a great opportunity to get in the kitchen and prepare a buffet to impress. After all of the big traditional Christmas meals by New Year’s Eve everybody is ready for lighter buffet style meals.
I have been looking through the Foodies100 blogs and have picked my ten favourite recipes which would be perfect for a New Year’s Eve party buffet.
- At this time of year having a home baked ham is a must. Sarah from Taming Twins’ spiced cider baked ham will be the ideal joint to have in the house.
- A salad that gives the humble brussels sprout a complete make over that would tempt anyone. The Brussels sprouts salad with bacon and pomegranate from My Fussy Eater would not only offer a new way to eat brussel sprouts but will also make your table look colourful.
- Franglais Kitchen have added a twist on the classic Christmas flavours and have created Vietnamese spring rolls with turkey and cranberry which are not only tasty but also incredibly low in fat.
- Vicki form the Free From Fairy creates delicious recipes that can be enjoyed by everyone. Her gluten-free dairy-free Mediterranean savoury tart will make a great addition to any buffet.
- No buffet is complete without some festive bread. Fab Food 4 All’s Christmas soda bread certainly tick all of the boxes.
- Every buffet table must have a cake to add the ultimate wow factor. Jenny from Mummy Mishaps chocolate and cherry Christmas cake would certainly keep your guests coming back for more!
- Julie from Julie’s Family Kitchen’s Frozen chocolate caramel cream meringue cake looks not only amazing dessert but is also a fantastic way to use up any left over chocolate (if you have any that is!).
- Helen from Casa Costello shares her delicious panforte which is ideal to have for any visitors that you may drop in. They will make the perfect sweet treat.
- No New Year’s Eve would be complete without some festive cocktails. Here is a perfect New Year’s Eve cocktail from Lucy at Supergolden Bakes. The Golden Fortune cocktail would be great to serve in a pitcher to your guests over ice.
- Not forgetting the younger family members. The Santa’s mintshake from Elizabeth’s Kitchen Diary will give them a treat that they will love!