Happy new year! We hope you had a great Christmas and indulged in plenty of cheese, chocolate and all other things that make the festive season so much fun. Along with everyone else, our minds have turned to being a bit healthier now that we’re into the new year. So we have rounded up some of our favourite healthy recipes from Foodies100 bloggers.
- Let’s start with a winter salad from Eat Drink Cook – the roasted vegetables and bulgar wheat in this will fill you up, meaning you’re less likely to reach for a leftover mince pie.
- Lavender and Lovage’s Moroccan harissa and chickpea potage recipe will warm your cockles, and because it’s low in calories, you can have some warm bread with it too.
- This Goi Chay noodle salad looks delicious – add some miso soup and you’ll have a veritable healthy feast! Thanks to Franglais Kitchen for this recipe.
- Dandelion soup anyone? It might not sound like your cup of tea but Anita from Lover of Creating Flavours says it’s fantastic. Rich in vitamins A, C and K, we think it sounds like a super healthy option!
- It can be tricky to get our five a day when we’re so busy, but a smoothie like this strawberry and banana one from Julie’s Family Kitchen is an easy way to get a big fruit hit.
- Prawn and tomato stew with a herby dressing is Dannii from Hungry Happy Healthy’s top pick for a new year treat. It has potatoes but you can swap them for cous cos or quinoa if you’d prefer an even healthier meal.
- Has your slow cooker been getting a lot of use this winter? We bet you’d never know this clean eating slow cooked pulled pork was healthy… looks far too naughty to us!
- Freak out your kids by serving up spicy “Kermit” raw green cavil nero soup. Don’t worry, no frogs were harmed in the making of Maison Cupcake’s soup, but it does look that way…
- Becca from Amuse Your Bouche has a great way of using up Christmas veg, but we think her brussels sprout and cauliflower pilaf would be great any time this month.
- Lots of people got juicers for Christmas, so what better way to test them out than with these three juice recipes from Caitriona from Wholesome Ireland?
We feel healthier and a few pounds lighter already… Here’s to a happy healthy and DELICIOUS 2015!