This week’s ten at ten comes from Ciara who blogs at My Fussy Eater. Ciara is mum to two fussy eating children and wife to a fussy eating husband! After spending all of her second pregnancy eating white bread and pasta, she decided to overhaul the family’s diet last year, ditching processed and sugar laden food for more natural and whole food.
Over to Ciara…
“Sugar free” is definitely one of the major buzz words floating around at the moment when it comes to diet and health. More and more people are looking to cut back on the amount of refined white sugar in their and their family’s food and a great way to start is with snacks. These recipes provide great alternatives to sugary sweets and treats, perfect for that mid-afternoon slump or a post-school snacks for peckish kids.
- These raw chocolate brownies from Natural Kitchen Adventures are made with all natural ingredients and don’t even require baking. Super easy!
- This vegan banana cake from Fab Food 4 All is sugar, dairy free, sweetened only with delicious ripe bananas.
- We are always being told that protein is the key to filling meals and snacks and so these peanut protein bars are sure to keep us full up until dinnertime!
- Not all snacks have to be sweet and I love the sound of these ham and cheese muffins from A Little Londoner.
- Similarily these goats cheese, thyme and apple muffins from Fuss Free Flavours would make the perfect grown up snack.
- The kids are sure to love these frozen fruit yoghurt bites from Eats Amazing and might even like to get involved in decorating them.
- Another recipe that the kids might like to get involved in making are these frozen banana bites from Hungry Healthy Happy.
- I love the simplicity of this sugar free tea cake from Wholesome Ireland. Just perfect with… a cup of tea!
- If you have fruit that needs using up then this recipe for apple, cinnamon and strawberry muffins from A Mummy Too will make sure that nothing goes to waste.
- And finally, the quickest and easiest snack of them all has to be a smoothie. I love this banana and cashew smoothie from Recipes From A Pantry. So healthy and nutritious!