It would be so easy to share a chocolatey recipe when Easter is just a few days away, don’t think I wasn’t tempted, but I thought we may all be sick of it by next week and craving something fresh, tasty and relatively healthy. Who am I kidding? Anyhow, I am a huge fan of one pot meals; throw the ingredients into a pan or baking tray, cook, and voila you have a great meal, minimal preparation and barely any washing up. This one pot chicken is full of flavour, using lots of spring herbs and is perfect for spring evenings as it is comforting but not quite as heavy as a casserole.
- 500g baby new potatoes
- 300g chantenay carrots or carrots peeled and chopped into large chunks
- lots of fresh parsley
- lots of fresh coriander
- lots of fresh thyme
- whole bulb of garlic separated
- 8 chicken thighs or 4 breasts
- 1 lemon
- 200ml chicken stock or 100ml white wine & 100ml chicken stock
- Preheat oven to 180ºC/gas mark 6
- Halve the potatoes and toss in the roasting tin with 1 tbsp of olive oil
- Add the carrots, chopped parsley, sprigs of thyme and the garlic cloves to the tin
- Place the chicken on top of the potatoes and carrots
- Slice the lemon and add to the tin
- Drizzle olive oil over the contents of the tin and then add the stock and wine, if using
- Roast for approximately 45 minutes or until the potatoes and chicken are cooked
Share your Easter bakes and spring recipes…
Indulge us and share all your lovely Easter bakes and spring recipes, we have seen so many amazing recipes recently. There are lots of fabulous bakes in last month’s link up too.
Add your recipe to the link below and we look forward to sharing them on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram over the next few weeks.