This week’s ten awesome asparagus recipes have been compiled by Claire Jessiman mum of two and wife of one, who writes Foodie Quine. Claire is a passionate Scottish freelance food writer, blogger, cookery demonstrator and tutor. She loves Gin, Cheese, Peanut Butter, Rhubarb and Tea and is permanently looking for the recipe that can combine them all.
Over to Claire…
- I love a one pot simple supper and the 15 minute creamy pasta primavera from Becca at Amuse Your Bouche fits the bill perfectly. I’d throw some soya beans into her green vegetable mix.
- Two amazing flavours combine in Helen at Fuss Free Flavours bruschetta with Truffle Gremolata & Griddled Asparagus. I’ve got some fantastic Truffle Infused Scottish Rapeseed Oil in my cupboard which will be perfect for this.
- Mushroom, Pesto and Asparagus pizza from Helen at family, friends, food sounds perfect to me, particularly as I’m not keen on tomato based pizza. Pesto makes the ideal alternative along with plenty of mozzarella cheese.
- Bintu of Recipes from a Pantry shares a colourful combination of roasted blood orange and asparagus. I think this one would also work fantastically well cooked on the BBQ
- I adore the Asparagus spears peeping out of the top of the asparagus and feta egg muffins from Glamorous Glutton. These would make the most perfect breakfast or brunch.
- I cannot resist filo pastry so to have it combined with asparagus is a real winner in my book. Deena Kakaya’s Cinnamon-chill onion, asparagus, cashew and cheddar filo rolls look and sound amazingly tempting.
- Prawns and Asparagus are a match made in heaven. Emily from Recipes and Reviews combines them both along with a zesty chilli, lemon and garlic sauce in her king prawn, asparagus and broccoli pasta.
- I love cooking Asparagus on the BBQ and normally wrap mine in parma ham. Franglais Kitchen has a great idea for a BBQ salad of Charred Asparagus and Sweetcorn in a Peanut and Chive dressing
- Spring flavours abound in the minted asparagus and ricotta tart form The Crazy Kitchen. Perfect for picnics or al fresco dining.
- Sarah at Maison Cupcake shares her recipe for Pesto Conchiglioni Giant pasta shells with asparagus and bacon . I love her description of Kermit coloured Pesto.
If you would like to write a Ten at Ten post email our editor Nova at firstname.lastname@example.org
Photo credit [Shutterstock]