Last week was World Baking Day, a day to remind someone how much you care. Cake (or scones, or pancakes) anytime, any day is always welcome in my house and I couldn’t resist sharing some of the awesome recipes made recently by Foodies100 bloggers.
- First we have amazing gin and tonic cronuts™ from Patisserie Makes Perfect. Filled with a gin and lime cremé patissiere this is not a recipe for the faint-hearted but the finished result looks delicious.
- Tea bread is cake in my opinion except you can smother it in a thick wedge of lovely butter, I love the sound and look of this farmhouse tea bread with earl grey from Farmer’s Wife and Mummy.
- A fabulous combination of flavours from Hey Cakes with orange cheesecake brownies. Mmmm the cheesecake is swirled among the brownie mixture.
- From the Good Food, Great Fun and Gluten Free kitchen we have nut butter chocolate chip cookies that L and J have tweaked and tested to get them exactly how they like them. As well as being gluten free they can easily be dairy free too.
- Utterly Scrummy Food for Families’ apple drop scones have made my mouth water and they are a very frugal but still tasty treat.
- I am a bit fussy about chocolate and mint together but Hijacked By Twins’ chocolate mint cake looks rather inviting and I know my family would love it.
- Combining two of my favourite things Supergolden Bakes has made heavenly mini chocolate and red wine bundt cakes!
- Oh my goodness this croissant bread pudding with almond butter drizzle from The Worktop has got to be the ultimate comfort food, and what is even better, Tina says we should have it for breakfast! Yum.
- Hmmm has anyone else noticed the unintentional theme as I introduce these gorgeous margarita cupcakes from A Girl and her Home? Made with a generous helping of tequila these cupcakes would make every grown up party go off with a bang.
- And finally you can all thank me with cake for sharing JoBlogsJoBakes’ fantastic giant jaffa drizzle donut cake, finished off with a trickling of dark chocolate and orange glaze I can barely contain myself.
Photo credit [Shutterstock]
If you would like to write a Ten at Ten post for us email Nova at firstname.lastname@example.org