This month’s seasonal round up comes from Emily, a Leicestershire based food blogger who loves to explore restaurants and foodie happenings in the Midlands and beyond. In the kitchen, Emily likes to try out pasta making, macaron baking and Japanese inspired dishes.
Over to Emily…
With British strawberry season upon us, 2015 is hoping to be a brilliant year for generous crops of sweet and juicy strawberries. Great news, because the wonderfully versatile fruit just shouts “Summer is here!” So whether you love your strawberries with lashings of cream or in a healthy berry smoothie, here are some fantastic blogger recipes to inspire your tastebuds.
- First up is the quintessential Summer Berry Tart from Michelle at Utterly Scrummy. So vibrant and unsurprisingly scrummy!
- Adding a twist on the tart with another fabulous British ingredient, How To Cook Good Food has developed a Strawberry Tart with Elderflower Pastry Cream. Sounds like a match made in heaven to me.
- Speaking of classics, you couldn’t leave the timeless Eton Mess out of a strawberry recipe round up. Tin and Thyme has a stunning Eton Mess Chocolate Cake over on her blog.
- Another fantastic dessert with beautiful photography is the Strawberry Tiramisu from The Petite Cook.
- If you’re looking for a patisserie challenge, get these Strawberry Mille Feuille on the top of your list. Topped off beautifully with pistachio cream. Double delicious!
- With lemon as another ingredient that goes really well with strawberries – I love the look of BakingQueen74 Lucy’s Strawberry Topped Yoghurt Cake.
- Of if you prefer your yoghurt cold, frozen in fact, you’ll enjoy these Strawberry Granola Frozen Yoghurt Bites. Perfect for whipping out of the freezer for a snack on Summer days!
- This Strawberry & Coconut Milkshake looks super refreshing for an afternoon in the sun too. Plus they only take 5 minutes to make!
- Or if you prefer a bit of tipple with your strawberries, you’ll be taken by these Strawberry Daiquiri Cupcakes from Amelia. Complete with a cheeky dash of rum in the boozy buttercream.
- Or switching out savoury for sweet – this clever concoction from Little Sunny Kitchen. Strawberry Focaccia – what a lovely idea for breakfast!
And ten more…
- Strawberry & Pistachio Financiers – Patisserie Makes Perfect
- Strawberry & Champagne Mousse Tart – Sophie Loves Food
- Healthy 10 Minute Strawberry Jam – Little Sunny Kitchen
- Strawberry Vodka Milkshake – Hannah Bakes Things
- Individual Strawberry Tarts – Jens Food
- Rhubarb, Strawberry & Lentil Salad – Recipes from a Pantry
- Strawberry & Elderflower Cocktail – Tinned Tomatoes
- Strawberry Crumble Bars – Kerry Cooks
- Peanut Butter & Strawberry Doriyaki – Foodie Quine
- Space Age Strawberries – The Parent Game