Homemade hummus is so easy to make, healthy and yet because it is so creamy always tastes so decadent. It is also so versatile that it can be dipped into with freshly chopped vegetables or used as a filling for sandwiches. I love it with felafels. It is also very easy for an ‘on the go’ lunch, put it into a tub and you have an instant lunch wherever you are. Mmmm.
- 1 tin of chickpeas
- 2 tsp tahini ( this is so important, I cannot make hummus without it)
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
- Tip the chickpeas with their juice into a food processor/blender.
- Apart from the olive oil, add all the other ingredients and start blitzing them.
- Slowly pour the olive oil in whilst the blender is running until the ingredients are well combined and smooth.
- Tip the hummus into a bowl, if you like extra olive oil drizzle a little on top of the hummus. If you like a little kick add a sprinkling of paprika.
Share your favourite lunch recipes…
We would love to see your favourite lunch recipes, we had fun seeing last month’s sweet and savoury snack recipes.
Link up your recipes below and we will try and share as many as we can on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram over the next few weeks.