We love eggs, they can be eaten in so many different ways and are a permanent staple in our kitchen. Poached eggs, fried egg sandwich, cakes (of course), pancakes, yorkshire pudding, frittata… The versatile and humble egg goes such a long way too, can be used for every meal or as a snack and if you are watching the pennies are the perfect way to fill up on a budget.
- First up we have ‘It’s Not Easy Being Greedy’ with a step by step guide to making the perfect poached egg, something that everyone should be able to do.
- I’ve never had eggs mixed into a curry before but I definitely want to try it now after seeing Fab Food 4 All’s mouthwatering egg, leek and potato curry.
- The whole family love scotch eggs and the more than occasional baker has mixed things up with her mini pork pies with cute little quails eggs in the middle. Mmmm.
- I have not really baked eggs very often so Maison Cupcake’s baked eggs with avocado is on my ‘to do’ list. Packed full of flavours with tomatoes, coriander and chilli oil this is something I know I would really enjoy.
- This family friendly recipe of mini fridge emptying omelettes from Jo’s Kitchen is perfect for us at the moment as we try and stick to a tight budget, and whilst Jo has served them up for breakfast I would probably make them for dinner too.
- I eat a lot of eggs especially when I am avoiding carbs because I find they fill me up so I will be trying Lavender and Lovage’s Mexican egg salad wraps which are carb free and have another favourite ingredient of mine, dill pickles!
- My most decadent breakfast has got to be eggs benedict, and I have a simple recipe for them that anyone can follow. Add some crispy bacon and I am in heaven. Be warned this is addictive.
- Another breakfast/brunch recipe is baked duck eggs en cocotte with quinoa from The Worktop kitchen, the nuts and seeds mixed into the quinoa sounds delicious.
- Avocado and eggs is a popular combination but My Fussy Eater’s dippy eggs with avocado grilled cheese looks absolutely heavenly.
- And to finish we have a very grown up dessert and you couldn’t possibly make this without eggs, prepare to be wowed by Kitchen Delights’ créme brulée with shortbread spoons.
If you would like to contribute a ten at ten post email Nova at firstname.lastname@example.org