What conveys summer more than good old strawberries and cream? Jazz them up a little with a quick and simple Eton mess that will impress your friends and tastes wonderful. And whilst you could make your own meringue, using ready made meringues saves so much time.
- 450g strawberries chopped
- 1tbsp icing sugar
- 500ml double cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 meringue nests
- Blend half the strawberries with the icing sugar
- Strain the mixture through a sieve to remove the seeds and put to one side
- Whip the cream gently, you want it to be floppy still, and not stiff
- When you are ready to serve break up the meringue into chunky pieces and add to the cream with the remaining strawberries and mix well
- Divide half of the mixture into six dishes and drizzle with the strawberry sauce.
- Top the dishes with the remaining mixture and finish off with more strawberry sauce.
- Serve at once.
Share your favourite summer recipes…
We can’t wait to see your delicious perfect summer recipes, we loved sharing last month’s healthy lunch ideas.
Link up your recipes below and we will try and share as many as we can on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram over the next few weeks.