I think out of all the summer fruits, peaches have got to be one of my favourite. Not usually readily available to buy year round as some fruits are, makes them that extra bit special. Jen Price who blogs at Jen’s Food has put together a fabulous selection of peach recipes from our Foodies100 bloggers.
Jen is a scientist by day and a food obsessed blogger at all other times. She loves gin, cake, cheese, bacon, chocolate, coffee, cinnamon and tea. Most likely to be found in the kitchen creating new recipes or scribbling ideas in a notebook.
Over to Jen…
“Millions of peaches, peaches for me” so sang the Presidents Of The United States 20 years ago (I didn’t realise the song was that old either). Whilst a million peaches would be far too many, you’d definitely want to buy a few punnets of juicy ripe peaches this summer to make these delicious bloggers recipes.
- Grilled peach and goats cheese crostini from Recipes From A Pantry makes an excellent lazy brunchtime treat.
- These dainty little peach and lavender pastries from Coffee & Vanilla are a lovely way to enjoy peaches for afternoon tea.
- Peach and rhubarb upside down cake from Farmergirl Kitchen is a great way to use fruit that ripens up too quickly and makes a great pudding served with ice cream.
- Speaking of ice cream, Family Friends Food has a recipe for peach ice cream which is jam packed with fruit.
- Kavey Eats is a big fan of flat peaches and has celebrated their sweet flavour in a peach tarte tatin.
- This peach and white chocolate tray bake from Tin & Thyme is great for sharing this summer whatever the weather ends up doing.
- If you want to preserve the flavour of sweet summer peaches to enjoy in the winter then try Fab Food 4 All’s prize winning peach and apricot jam.
- Sew White’s peach and raspberry jam is a firm family favourite and gets made every year in her kitchen.
- A different way to preserve the flavour of peaches is The Veg Space’s peach and walnut chutney which sounds like it will be great with cold meats and cheeses.
- Finally if you’d rather drink your fruit instead of eat it, this peach, basil & white wine sangria from Amuse Your Bouche is sure to become a new summer favourite.