This week we saw that lovely juicy red jewel of a fruit the cherry, celebrated with National Cherry Day, we therefore couldn’t resist rounding up our favourite cherry recipes in it’s honour. Very nutritious, these sweet little beauties are amazing on their own but also literally are the cherry on top of the cake when used in recipes. Enjoy…
- We start with Jo’s Kitchen’s fresh cherry cupcakes that are packed with cherries and then finished off with one on top making a very tempting and pretty looking cake.
- Whenever I make scones they have to have cherries in so I love the addition of dates in Julie’s Family Kitchen’s cherry and date scones, mmmm.
- The Veg Space has made the most delicious looking morello cherry and raspberry jam that I am going to have to make.
- I would never have thought of making a drink out of cherries but the ingenious Utterly Scrummy Food for Families has, a thirst quenching boozy (or not) cherry fizz. What a great idea.
- Chocolate and cherries are such a fabulous pairing and Annie’s Noms has made cute sweet and rich chocolate cherry mini muffins. Made with fresh cherries these are a cross between brownies and muffins, yummy!
- Fuss Free Flavours’ easy cherry syllabub is a dessert that will definitely be making it’s way onto our dining table very soon. Made with dried cherries and cherry juice and an optional glug of kirsch this sounds and looks delicious.
- I was sold at the mention of marzipan, but marzipan and cherries, in a scone? An amazing combination from Domestic Gothess with her marzipan cherry scones.
- Sew White’s take on an Eton mess is a summer cherry and chocolate pudding made with brownie, meringue, cream and of course lovely fresh cherries. It looks sooo good.
- If you have a glut of fresh cherries try my (Cherished By Me) fresh cherry and vanilla traybake which topped off with more cherries makes a stunning centre piece for a summer party.
- We finish off with Mummy Mishaps’ delicious chocolate and cherry cake which has a lovely addition of ground almonds.
If you would like to contribute a ten at ten post please email me at email@example.com