This week’s ten at ten comes from summer loving foodie Luchia who gives the scoop on her favourite ice cream recipes from our very own Foodies 100 blogging bunch. Luchia shares her tried and tested recipes over at Luchia Cooks and is never too far away from a bowl of her very own salted caramel ice cream, making her the perfect candidate to do a Foodies round up!
Over to Luchia…
Summer is the perfect excuse to have a big ol’ bowl of gelato. Plus, you don’t even need an ice cream machine to make them – they’re the perfect failsafe dessert for all occasions. I’ve rounded up some of the most mouth-drooling ice creams ever – you can thank me later.
- Let us start off with Lovely Appetite’s delicious pina colada no-churn ice cream with a generous glug of rum thrown in. Mmmm.
- Or if you prefer your alcohol a little less Caribbean, why not try Janet from PigeonCottage’s cucumber, white wine and mint sorbet.
- Saffron and cardamom are popular flavours in lots of dishes, but how about together? Experiment this combo with Simply food.
- For all the lactose intolerance folk, Lauren Geisler has developed a fro-yo that doesn’t use any churning machines and only requires one ingredient – yippee!
- Are you feeling fresh? The Recipe Resource’s recipe is all kinds of mango madness.
- Thanks to Le Coin de Mel you can now make delicious dairy, gluten and egg free ice cream – as long as you’ve got a couple of ripe bananas lying around that is.
- Nazima and Pierre from Franglais Kitchen gets technical with terrine – blueberry, vanilla and mascarpone style!
- Coconut and red bean ice cream on a stick? Now you’ve got to see this from Nava-K.
- Sudden Lunch mixes the traditional with modern in her creation of blackberry and clotted cream ripple ice cream.
- Or if none of those tickle your fancy, give my very own salted caramel and fudge no churn ice cream a go.
What is your favourite gelato flavour? Even if it is shop bought (I won’t tell anyone)!