This week’s ten at ten has been written by Samantha Stein who blogs at The Happy Coeliac.
Over to Samantha…
As long as you’re careful about checking ingredients and mindful of cross-contamination, there’s no reason why those on a gluten-free diet shouldn’t enjoy fabulous summer barbecues along with everyone else.
Here are 10 gorgeously gluten-free barbecue recipes:
- First things first, don’t forget the classics. Natural Chef Ceri at Natural Kitchen Adventures puts a healthier twist on store bought BBQ sauces with this Smoky BBQ sauce
- This Greek-style paprika, honey and oregano marinade by Greedy Gourmet will liven up any seafood, chicken or pork with a minimum of fuss.
- Try quark marinated chicken tikka kebabs by Fuss Free Flavours, for a healthy Indian treat.
- If you’ve got time to prep and want to try something new, have a go at these Singapore satay chicken kebabs with peanut dipping sauce from The Happy Coeliac. Don’t be put off by the long list of ingredients – most of this can be made in a blender or food processor.
- I absolutely love North African flavours and these Moroccan lamb skewers by Hungry Healthy Happy are gorgeous and indulgent while still remaining healthy.
- One of my pet peeves is restaurants saying “oh, you can just have the burger without the bun”. But you won’t mind skipping the buns with these turkey and lemongrass burgers from The Hedge Combers.
- Anything can be improved by wrapping in bacon, so have a go at these bacon-wrapped trout kebabs with gravadlax potato salad by Farmersgirl Kitchen.
- Go big or go home with this spectacular BBQ leg of lamb with a hibiscus marinade by Food Stories. The hibiscus turns the lamb a beautiful deep pink colour,
- Cool off after tending a hot barbecue all day with some refreshing strawberry and mint lemonade by Coffee and Vanilla (I’d add tequila, but that’s just my personal taste!)
- Looking for something sweet to round off your meal? Sarah at Wuthering Bites has this fantastic looking strawberry, apple and vanilla bean galette – using gluten-free pastry, of course!
Samantha Stein blogs at www.thehappycoeliac.com and has recently published her third eBook, “Gluten-free bites: Backyard BBQ”. She loves experimenting with food, befriending cats on the street, and riding her bike around Haarlem, where she lives with her partner and two cats. Find her on Facebook , Twitter and Instagram.