It is already that time of year when we watch the blackberry bushes like hawks, waiting for the luscious berries to show signs of readiness to pick before the birds and other animals get there. This week’s ten brilliant blackberry recipes has been compiled by Jen Price who blogs at Jen’s Food.
Jen is a scientist by day and a food obsessed blogger at all other times. She loves gin, cake, cheese, bacon, chocolate, coffee, cinnamon and tea. Most likely to be found in the kitchen creating new recipes or scribbling ideas in a notebook.
Over to Jen…
I love going foraging for blackberries late in the summer, I don’t even mind getting pricked by the spiky thorns because it’s worth it for the harvest of delicious, plump, sweet purple berries. Eating them straight from the hedgerow is an extra special treat. If you can find a good spot then it’s very easy to pick a pound or two of blackberries in a short amount of time. I’ve rounded up ten of my favourite blackberry recipes from Foodies 100 bloggers so there’s plenty of ideas for enjoying your free fruit.
- One of the best things to do with fresh fruit is make jam, Fab Food 4 All shows us how to make an easy blackberry & apple jam made in one pan.
- Scottish blogger Foodie Quine gives us three recipes for the price of one with her bramble & apple curd, bramble bakewells which are all washed down with a delicious bramble gin.
- If you fancy pairing blackberries and gin in a cake then you can’t go too far wrong with my boozy bramble cake filled with stewed blackberries and topped with a punchy gin laced icing.
- Blackberry and rose geranium crumble from Lancashire Food is a delightfully fragrant way to enjoy your foraged fruit whilst sitting in the garden.
- Fuss Free Flavour’s easy blackberry & apple sorbet with a hint of thyme is perfect for cooling off on hot summer days.
- Want cake but too hot to bake? Baking Queen74 has a brilliant slow cooker lemon and blackberry cake.
- Amuse Your Bouche presents a new flavour combination of fresh thyme, blackberries and goats cheese in a very tempting tart.
- Have you ever tried blackberries with chocolate? Tin & Thyme serves up warm pudding cakes with a melting blackberry and white chocolate centre.
- Eton mess is a summer favourite and Cook Sister gives us a grown up twist on this classic dessert with a blackberry & bourbon Eton mess.
- This pear and blackberry frangipane tart from Farmersgirl Kitchen is made with puff pastry and the almond frangipane compliments the fruit perfectly.