We are desperately trying to hold on to the holiday vibes here and what better way than to recreate your favourite holiday dishes at home. For me that has to be a bowl full of sizzling gambas pil pil (prawns in garlic) a tasty Spanish dish that I love as it is full of flavour and mopping up the juices with chunks of bread turn it from a starter into a hearty meal. Mmmm, it is delicious. Best served in a terracotta dish for that traditional feeling.
- 1kg raw peeled and de-veined prawns
- 100ml olive oil
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2-3 garlic cloves sliced thinly
- 1/4 tsp crushed dried chillies or chilli flakes
- Paprika to serve
- Sprinkle the prawns with a little salt and put in the fridge for about 30 minutes
- Heat the oil and butter in a heavy based frying pan until they start foaming
- Add the garlic and chilli to the pan and gently fry for about one minute until the garlic is golden brown
- Add the prawns to the pan and fry until they start to curl up and have changed colour (about 3 minutes)
- Divide between 4 dishes and sprinkle with a little parika
- Serve with chunks of bread to mop up the lovely juices and oil
Share your favourite holiday inspired recipes
What is your favourite holiday inspired dish? Link up your recipes below and we will share as many as we can on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. Don’t forget to have a look at last month’s link up for family friendly recipes.
Link up your recipes below