Hands up if you love muffins. They are the versatile, easily transportable snack that can get away with being breakfast, lunch or a decadent treat. Gooey and sweet, savoury or even a bit of both, muffins are also very quick and easy to make.
Foodies100 bloggers have once again come up with some fabulous creations and it was so hard narrowing the recipes down to ten but here is this week’s mouthwatering ten at ten…
- To get your day off to a healthy start these quinoa breakfast muffins from The Petite Cook are packed full of goodness from vegetables and quinoa, and are naturally gluten free. A tasty grab and go breakfast for frantic mornings.
- I think Keeper of the Kitchen’s Nutella banana muffins could easily make it to our breakfast table, or lunch, or for a snack. The oozy chocolate centre looks heavenly!
- Another recipe that could double up as breakfast is the kale and lemon muffin from Veggie Desserts. These are zingy lemon muffins packed full of healthy kale and Kate even describes muffins as the ‘acceptable face of cake for breakfast’.
- A fab vegetable combination is Recipe from a Pantry’s chai courgette muffins, a great way to use up any gluts of courgettes. Flavoured with cardamon, cinnamon and cloves these muffins look delicious and would make a tasty addition to the lunchbox.
- The more than occasional baker also uses courgettes, but this time they are sweetened with marmalade, mmmm, and have pecans and cranberries added to make zucchini and orange marmalade muffins.
- Thinking of lunch now, My Little Italian Kitchen has made quick muffin pizzas! These would go down a treat in lunchboxes and on picnics.
- I am totally smitten with cauliflower at the moment, I can’t get enough of it so what could be better than a curry cauliflower muffin. Yum! Lau Sunday Cooks says these muffins contain ingredients with healing properties.
- Indulging my sweet tooth, I love Cook Sister’s very berry white chocolate chunk muffins. A delectable way to use up seasonal berries.
- Lavender and Lovage has also been making the most of the season with these blackberry fairy cake muffins that look so pretty studded with blackberries.
- To finish off we have a naughty but very nice Oreo stuffed chocolate muffin from Annie’s Noms. Yes you read that correctly…a muffin stuffed with an Oreo. Guess what I’m baking this weekend.
If you would like to write a ten at ten post email email@example.com