Today is the much anticipated MAD blog awards finals and I wish the finalists the best of luck, you are all awesome! Getting into the celebratory mood I thought it would be a great idea to party along with the finalists with one of these brilliant boozy recipes from our Foodies100 bloggers who appear to have a special affinity with gin and tonic…
- I’m not sure whether we would kick the party off with this fabulous cinnamon white Russian cocktail from The Foodie Couple Blog, or end the night with it. What a dilemma! Cream, Baileys, vodka…this is one drink I know I would love.
- From The Crafty Larder we have a refreshing elephant gin and basil smash, with the gin containing the superfood baobab Kevin says this is like drinking a nutrient-packed juice!
- Who’d have thought that spiced rhubarb and prosecco could be a winning combination, well Helen from Fuss Free Flavours did of course and this spiced rhubarb and orange prosecco cocktail looks delicious.
- Jen’s Food has made a refreshing sloe gin and tonic granita, a great dessert for a dinner party. It looks very lovely too.
- Champagne is my favourite tipple and I love the delicate fragrance of rose so Lavender and Lovage’s rhubarb and rose champagne cocktail sounds like my idea of heaven in a glass, it’s subtle pink colour is very pretty too.
- Wuthering Bites has a made a sublime lemon verbena, peach and lime gin cocktail using Rock Rose gin. Oh my goodness, pass the ice.
- A party isn’t a party without cake, but how about a boozy cake? It’s Not Easy Being Greedy has made a gin and tonic madeira cake, although she does say the gin wasn’t strong enough!
- If you have any blackberries still around then Supergolden Bakes’ blackberry daiquiri has got to be on the party menu, it’s deep red colour looks so inviting.
- Definitely not one for the children but these gin and tonic ice lollies, from Taming Twins, look ever so pretty and I bet they taste pretty amazing too. Great for cooling off when taking a break from the dance floor.
- Last but not least, my mum told me never to mix my alcohol so I’m finishing off the party with another gin based cake from Mostly About Chocolate…ultimate boozy gin and tonic cupcakes.
If you would like to write a ten at ten post please email me at foodies100@fleaenterprises..com