September is the time to celebrate the humble pear, the delicious plum and the decadent fig. They are lovely versatile fruits that are used in both sweet and savoury recipes to make tasty autumnal recipes.
- First up we have Foodie Quine’s roast duck with fig, port and star anise, a new but winning combination.
- Warm up with Recipes from a Pantry’s slow cooker autumn flavoured spiced pear juice.
- Figs always seem so decadent to me and My Little Italian Kitchen’s quick fig, ham and cheese pie drizzled with honey sounds and looks heavenly.
- I love soda bread so Fab Food 4 All’s apple & pear cider spelt soda bread sounds absolutely gorgeous.
- The Hedge Combers pear, walnut and feta salad with a warm herb honey is a brilliant compromise at this time of year when the weather is so unpredictable.
- Lau Sunday Cooks has made a stunning plum and almond tart which is also gluten free.
- My mouth is watering at the thought of devouring A Girl and her Home’s baked figs with goats cheese and honey. They look so pretty too.
- The contrast between the chocolate sponge and the pale pears in Tinned Tomatoes’ chocolate pear cake looks fantastic, and apparently it is moist and fudgey too. Yum!
- If you love vodka then you will really like my plum vodka recipe, it won’t be ready tomorrow so you need a little patience but I promise you it will be worth the wait.
- If you aren’t too keen on pears Mummy Mishaps has a great recipe that incorporates them into the mixture to make them more palatable for fussy eaters in her pear and ginger muffins which have a lovely chocolate crumble topping.
Photo credits, top left to right: My Little Italian Kitchen, A Girl and her Home, Fab Food 4 All, Natural Kitchen Adventures, My Little Italian Kitchen
And ten more…
- Elderberry, pear and hazelnut gluten free cake- Our Food Stories
- Plum Tart– My Little Italian Kitchen
- Honey caramelised figs with shrikhand style yogurt- Spice in the City
- Plum and ginger jam– Recipes and Reviews
- Honey roast fig and red pepper salad– A Mummy Too
- Pear frangipane tart– Made with Pink
- Chocolate and pear torte– Lancashire Food
- Blackberry & fig jam– Natural Kitchen Adventures
- Roasted pear and chocolate tray bake– Over A Cuppa
- Spiced pear and apricot frangipane cake– Attachment Mummy
If you would like to write a seasonal round-up email me at firstname.lastname@example.org