Next week is National Chocolate Week! Whoop, I love chocolate so any excuse to celebrate it’s awesomeness is fine by me. I know it’s not politically correct but I could eat chocolate anytime of the day, breakfast, lunch, dinner and in between. Well, it is a recognised fact that really dark chocolate is good for you! Endorphins anyone?
Here are ten reasons to break out the chocolate and enjoy!
- We’ll start with The Petite Cook’s Swedish chocolate balls (kokosballs), dairy free and no baking, these chocolate balls of deliciousness are ready in minutes. Perfect for those, “I need chocolate now!” moments
- I love chocolate pastry, if you’ve never tried it before you must, so these white chocolate and raspberry tarts from Jo’s Kitchen look so good.
- Who doesn’t love a good torte? The Usual Saucepans has pushed the boat out on a chocolate orange one that looks like heaven on a plate!
- I have a weakness for flapjacks, and if you combine flapjacks and chocolate then I can never ever resist…thanks Fab Food 4 All for these spelt banoffee flapjacks with dark chocolate. Off to the shops I trot so I can make these, right now.
- If you have never put chocolate into your chilli then why not? You must try Lavender and Lovage’s chilli with beef, chocolate and pumpkin, this is most definitely a meal for chilly autumnal nights. It looks so tasty.
- Annie’s Noms has a great crowd pleaser recipe that the whole family will love and is perfect for parties and special occasions; chocolate honeycomb cheesecake. Mmmm.
- I’ve not thought of mixing mango and chocolate up before but Only Crumbs Remain has, to make what I can imagine tastes gorgeous, a triple chocolate and mango tart This has also ingeniously been made using aquafaba liquid instead of egg whites.
- Another chocolate pastry, any way to get more chocolate in a recipe gets a clap from me, we have mini chocolate tarts from Patisserie Makes Perfect and they have been finished off with lovely crystallised cobnuts.
- Chocolate for breakfast? Yes please Casa Costello. Lovely wholewheat pancakes with chocolate chips and orange blossom, your family will think you are amazing serving these up in the morning.
- Finally we have a real show stopper and party piece spectacular from Sophie Loves Food…amaretto millionaire’s chocolate tart. Oh my goodness, I can just imagine it melting in my mouth.
If you would like to write a ten at ten post email Nova at firstname.lastname@example.org