Congratulations to our challenge winner, Tales from Kitchen Shed, who created a Proper Fish Finger Sandwich with Provender Pickles http://www.talesfromthekitchenshed.com/?p=3769
We thought this was a great use of the pickle at home to recreate the fish, chips and pickled onion combo!
This month, Foodies100 is teaming up with the English Provender Company to encourage our community to get into a proper pickle.
The brand new Proper Pickle range from The English Provender Company is a grown-up pickle that is perfect for proper sandwiches – sandwiches as they should be! Forget about sad supermarket sandwiches, these pickles are crunchy, packed full of flavour and deliver the perfect punch.
We’re challenging you to create a sandwich including one of the four Proper Pickles – Traditional Proper Pickle (Chunky); Traditional Proper Pickle (Finely Chopped); Pickled Onion Proper Pickle or Beetroot Proper Pickle.
The winner of the best “proper sandwich”, as judged by The English Provender Company, will win a fab prize of £500 in John Lewis Vouchers.
How to Take Part
- Pick up a Proper Pickle in your local supermarket – the Proper Pickle range is available at your local Asda and Waitrose at £1.50 per jar. Or complete the form below – we’ll send the first 30 bloggers who apply a package of all four pickles for you to participate in our challenge.
- Create your sandwich recipe incorporating a Proper Pickle, and share it on your blog before 5pm on Nov 30, 2015
- Your blog post must include images of your photo being prepared (including an image of the pickle) and the finished sandwich
- Somewhere in your entry, please include the sentence: “This post is an entry into the #ProperPickle Challenge with The English Provender Co and Foodies100”
- Be sure to share your entry on Twitter using the #properpickle hashtag – we will share as many entries as possible.
Link up your posts here: