When the cold nights draw in and the weather turns cold there is nothing better than wrapping up warm and eating your favourite comfort foods. There is some incredible seasonal produce available at the moment that are a match made in heaven when paired with the deep warming spices of autumn. To get you to fall in love with this time of year, fellow foodie Jemma from Celery and Cupcakes has shared some wonderful recipes that use her favourite seasonal spice, cinnamon.
Over to Jemma…
- Who says pasta has to be savoury? Claire from Foodie Quine incorporates apples, cinnamon and custard into this sweet lasagne.
- Make these heavenly Swedish cinnamon buns (kanelbullar) from Supergolden Bakes and you will never want to eat anything else for breakfast… ever
- Add some punch to your tomatoes like with these baked cinnamon and allspice tomatoes from Recipes From A Pantry.
- Nadia’s Healthy Kitchen made this vegan banana avocado bread flavoured with cinnamon and sweetened with coconut sugar. Moist and delicious without all the added fat.
- These cinnamon and apple madeleines by Baking Queen 74 are full of autumnal flavours and so perfectly simple to make.
- This loaf by Hungry Happy Healthy has all the flavours of autumn with the combination of apple and cinnamon. Not only is it a lighter dessert option, but it is vegan too.
- Try Diana’s beautiful Russian braided cinnamon wreath from Little Sunny Kitchen that will impress your friends and family and is the perfect match for your afternoon tea.
- This cinnamon, ginger and turmeric spiced chai latte by Franglais Kitchen is a healthy version that is vegan, dairy free and perfect as a pep up on cold winter mornings.
- Apples cooked with cinnamon on a waffle iron make a delicious and healthy dessert or snack for the whole family. Try this delicious recipe by Ciara from My Fussy Eater.
- A mix of ground almonds, dark chocolate and sweet spicy cinnamonmakes for a fabulous chewy macaroon. Try these ones from Tin and Thyme as they also make for an ideal Christmas gift.
Jemma Andrew-Adiamah is a health and wellness writer, blogger and recipe developer. She’s passionate about wholesome food, green smoothies, nautical stripes, cupcakes and vintage china. Find out more about Jemma at Celery and Cupcakes, on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest.
If you would like to write a ten at ten post email: firstname.lastname@example.org