We cannot put it off any longer, Christmas is literally days away and it is time to start thinking about all the food you may be planning for Christmas day, and beyond. Have you ordered the turkey yet? Catered for vegetarians? Booked your online Christmas shop? The list goes on and on…My one tip is be prepared, the more you can do in advance the more time you’ll have to relax on the ‘big day’. Above all, don’t worry too much, so what if you forget something, it won’t be the end of the world.
Great for last minute gifts, and we love making edible gifts, you can’t go wrong with homemade chocolate truffles. They are so easy to make, the whole family can participate, but they look very impressive, and you will feel very virtuous for making your own presents.
Do you make any edible presents? Do you have any traditional family Christmas recipes? We would love you to share them with us in the linky below.
Christmas Chocolate Truffles…
- 300ml double cream
- 300g 70% dark chocolate
- 50g butter
- 6 tbsp rum or your other favourite tipple
- Cocoa powder to decorate
- Break the chocolate up into a heatproof bowl.
- Melt the cream and butter slowly over a medium heat until the butter is melted and the cream starts simmering.
- Add the cream and butter mixture to the chocolate and stir until melted and glossy.
- Pour the rum into the mixture and stir well.
- Put the bowl into the fridge for at least two hours.
- Put cocoa powder into a shallow bowl.
- Use a spoon and your hands to roll the mixture into balls and coat with the cocoa powder.
- Chill the truffles again until ready to serve.
- Store in the fridge.
- Put into pretty jars when you are ready to give the truffles as gifts
Link up your favourite Christmas recipes with us below, and we will share as many as we can on our social channels.