This week’s ten at ten is all about the ancient warm, sweet and aromatic spice cardamon. Thanks to Bintu who blogs at Recipes From A Pantry, for writing this delicious post.
Over to Bintu…
Warming, heady and fragrant, cardamom is the perfect spice to cook with over the winter months. And with Christmas just round the corner, we have rounded up 10 of the best cardamom recipes to get you started. Enjoy.
- These pistachio, cardamom and rose financiers from BakingQueen74 are a bite-sized treat full of delicious flavours!
- The most decadent dessert on the tightest of budgets, this cardamom scented treacle tart from The Hedgecombers ticks all the boxes.
- Try this apple cardamom cake with a quince frosting from Elizabeth’s Kitchen Diary. Deliciously autumnal, this cake is moist, aromatic and bursting with flavour. Grind your own cardamom seeds for the best flavour
- The flavours of cardamom and rose are the ideal couple. This stunning cardamom cake with white chocolate and rose buttercream from Supper in the Suburbs tastes as good as it looks.
- Veggie Desserts has baked creamy coconut-covered avocado slices, and served then with a cardamom-infused coconut and cashew dip for a vegan treat.
- Indian sweets are a real treat and these lemon and cardamom burfi from The Crafty Larder are no exception!
- Autumnal pumpkin pie with cardamom anyone? This is tasty, fragrant and the perfect autumn treat from Rough Measures.
- Helen’s turmeric tea is spiced with cardamom and sweetened with honey, a gorgeous soothing drink for cold evenings.
- Nadia’s Healthy Kitchen made these traditional Middle Eastern Date Cookies spiced with cardamom and cinnamon. They’re gluten-free, vegan and so delicious!
- Ceri’s healthy chocolate mousse using avocado and coconut oil has just a hint or cardamom to accentuate the chocolate, orange and ginger flavours.
If you would like to write a ten at ten post please email Nova at firstname.lastname@example.org