Juices are so 2015, don’t you think? It’s all about the smoothie now, you can pack so much more into a smoothie, keeping all the goodness of the fibre plus adding a few extra goodies such as nuts, super food powders and more. Plus you don’t need a space wasting juicer, most people have a blender of some type to whizz up a quick breakfast, or snack for any time of the day. Smoothies are also a great way to get the whole family eating more fruit and vegetables.
What do you think? How do you boost your family’s intake of healthy food?
I personally find spinach easier to ‘hide’ in a smoothie than kale when making them for children but use whichever greens you have, it’s good to mix them up!
Green smoothie recipe…
- A large handful of spinach (or other greens)
- 1 banana peeled
- 1 apple cored
- Handful of strawberries or blueberries
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp chopped dates (optional)
- 300ml water (or your favourite milk- almond is lovely and makes it very creamy)
- Put the ingredients into a blender in the order written above, so greens first, liquid last, and blend until smooth.
Share your healthy recipes…
Do you have any healthy recipes to get us glowing this January? We would love you to link them up with us and we will share as many as we can throughout the month.