We are delighted that Kellie who writes Food To Glow has put together this mouthwatering round up of recipes to kick start a healthy New Year. An ex-pat American cancer health educator Kellie makes mainly ‘plant-based’ recipes with fresh, seasonal British ingredients and most of her non-vegan recipes will have vegan alternatives as well as gluten free options.
Over to Kellie…
Ah, January. The month of penitence: no booze, no chocolate, no fun. Or, maybe not. Looking after ourselves, and putting the excesses of the festive season behind us, doesn’t have to involve giving up delicious food.
My best advice is to add an extra portion of vegetables to every meal and snack (a different colour for each ups the nutrition credentials, too). But trying some of these healthy and wholefood recipes will make January anything but a punishment. Even if we did eat all the (mince) pies.
- Natural Kitchen Adventure’s gluten-free pizza with figs, feta and kale pesto is a wondrous flavour combination, with impeccable nutrition credentials.
- Ginger and soy salmon noodles from Hungry Healthy Happy is a fabulously delicious anti-inflammatory meal.
- Puy Lentil and Mushroom Sausages from Tinned Tomatoes looks a perfect family-friendly way to get in necessary fibre – with or without the bun
- I love spicy vegetarian food, and Deena Kakaya’s Creole spiced wild rice with carrots, edamame and tofu ticks a lot of boxes for a warming, healthy plate of food.
- Indulge your sweet tooth healthily with Veggie Desserts beetroot chocolate protein balls.
- Miso roasted french beans and tomatoes from Cook Sister is a side dish I could eat as a meal. Every day.
- Who doesn’t love fun-sized food? Carrot and red lentil koftas from Amuse Your Bouche gives us health and taste in small savoury bites.
- Healthy fermented gazpacho from Smarter Fitter is a very interesting slant on the fermented foods craze.
- More Omega 3 and low-inflammatory goodness, this time courtesy of The Free From Fairy’s delicate and satisfying low-carb salmon fishcakes.
- Comforting and beta-carotene loaded curried carrot and split pea soup is a January must-make from the Greedy Gourmet. Photo Credits Top L to R: Natural Kitchen Adventures | The Veg Space | Deena Kakaya | Veggie Desserts | Smarter Fitter |
More January Eat Well recipes:
- Super-thick coconut yogurt from Oh She Glows
- Franglais Kitchen’s oat and carrot pancakes
- Butternut squash and chickpea dopiaza from A Mummy Too
- Ren Behan’s beetroot and kale soup with kale and almond crumble
- Tin and Thyme’s cauliflower rice with jerk sweet potatoes
- Thai ginger soup with cashews from Le Coin De Mel
- The Hedge Comber’s watercress and pine nut soup
- Easy pomegranate, tofu and walnut stew from Food To Glow
- Elizabeth’s Kitchen Diary’s vegan shepherdess pie with cauliflower mash
- Raw walnut, hemp apricot brownie bites from The Balanced Vegan