Have you ever used or eaten chia seeds before? They are the latest super seed supposedly packed full of nutrients and health benefits, around since ancient times even the Aztecs thought the seeds gave them supernatural powers. High in omega-3 fatty acids, protein, fibre, antioxidents and many more health busting traits the tiny seeds can be eaten sprinkled onto cereal, fruit, salads and yogurt but also make a natural thickener when used in recipes.
We thought it would be a good idea to round up our favourite chia seed recipes from Foodies100 bloggers so we can all enjoy the benefits…
- Chocolate lover Tin and Thyme has made a chocolate chia pudding which is almost instantly ready thanks to giving the seeds a quick grind first, it looks very tasty too.
- I do love freshly made bread so could just dive into Fab Food 4 All’s spelt and chia fishtail plait loaf. The loaf is finished off with a pretty sprinkling of chia seeds.
- A good recipe to get some chia seeds into the children is My Fussy Eater’s no bake chia energy bites, I like to use chia seeds to coat my energy balls but look forward to trying this recipe too.
- Supper in the Suburbs gets the day off to a good healthy, fruity start with a colourful raspberry and mango smoothie with chia seeds, mmmm.
- I am rifling through my cupboard at the moment checking I can make Mummy Mishaps’ chocolate and cranberry chia soft cookies, they look so good!
- If you have never tried chia jam you really should, it has far less sugar than conventional jam, and literally takes a few minutes to make. In fact The Whole Ingredient’s gorgeous blackberry chia jam is refined sugar free and packed full of goodness!
- In my opinion chia seeds come into their own when left overnight and The Worktop’s overnight chia seed pudding looks heavenly. Made with almond milk it is naturally gluten and dairy free.
- Another bread recipe, this time an eight seed wholemeal soda bread one of which are chia seeds, from Julie’s Family Kitchen looks very delicious.
- My mouth is literally watering at the thought of Natural Kitchen Adventures’ overnight oats with homemade cashew butter, it all looks so pretty too.
- Want to get the benefits of chia in cake form? Then Rough Measures’ spelt blueberry muffins could be the perfect way to go, and they are refined sugar free! A tasty guilt free treat.
If you would like to write a ten at ten post email Nova at email@example.com