We’re delighted that this month’s seasonal round up comes from Luchia, who blogs over at Luchia Cooks. She’s put together a selection of warming recipes to help us get through these chilly winter nights. Having Italian heritage, Luchia can’t help but crave wholesome dishes and desserts, so she’s always got something delicious cooking in her kitchen.
Over to Luchia…
Oh how I hate the cold, it makes me want hibernate in my duvet in front of the telly, surrounded by endless food. Who really wants to diet in the winter? …Not me (and I hope you don’t either), so lets enjoy eating our favourite comfort foods and attempt to eat less carbs in the spring – here’s to dreaming!
Light bites (6)
- Not Quite Nigella shares a great recipe for a quick 5 minute quiche in a mug.
- Rosemary focaccia made by What Jessica Baked Next is a must.
- Rustic eggy bread from Plating Up is the perfect light bite to warm you up.
- Ever heard of ‘cheesy Marmite sausage rolls’? Nor me! But these from Penne for your thoughts sound ah-ma-zing!
- The Hedge Combers’s turkey pesto pizza is great to tear and share.
- Cauliflower cheese soup featured on Luchia Cooks.
Big ‘ole bowls (7)
- Eat Up Family’s Chorizo one pot roast is super easy and so tasty!
- The king of the kitchen, Jamie Oliver, has a great winter night chilli.
- Four words from Joy The Baker that changes everything – Avocado lime shrimp cocktail.
- Pancetta, bean and chard pot pies from Smitten Kitchen is a great twist on a classic.
The lovely Natalie Tamara makes a great root vegetable casserole with parsley dumplings.
- Rose over at The Londoner shares a great recipe for shrimp saganaki.
- Slow cooked cola pork by I Heart Katie Cakes is a great twist on a classic.
- Microwave chocolate chip cookie illustrated by the rather fitting Sweetest Kitchen.
- Who better than domestic goddess Nigella to show us how to bake a sticky toffee pud.
- Chocolate cherry rice pudding explained by the wonderful Sorted Food bunch.
- Fab Food 4 All shares a scrumptious recipe for Nutella brioche pudding.
- Melt in the middle chocolate cookies Made By Margie are the perfect treat.
- Belleau Kitchen shows us how to bake a real cake, with his blackcurrant layer sponge treat.
- Syrup and Glaze’s old-school caramel shortbread is worth trying too.
As well as running her food and home blog, Luchia shares her culinary adventures on Twitter and Instagram. You can also follow her on Pinterest, where she keeps adding her favourite recipes and domestic wish lists.
Image credits: 1. I Heart Katies Cakes 2. The Londoner 3. Unsplash 4. Joy The Baker 5. Luchia Cooks 6. Sorted Food.