We made it, spring has (very nearly) sprung, the evenings are getting lighter and we can see summer in the not too distant future. It’s a time to look forward and relish all that spring brings, and pack away those heavy winter casseroles for another year!
This recipe for chicken and asparagus with spaghetti in a wine wine and lemon sauce is filling and warming enough for spring evenings but light with fresh flavours. Do you have any recipes especially for spring, or Easter recipes?
Ingredients – Serves 4
- 2 chicken breasts sliced thinly into strips
- 2 tsp oil
- 200g asparagus
- 350g spaghetti
- 4 spring onions trimmed and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- knob of butter
- 300ml chicken stock (or vegetable stock)
- 200ml coconut milk
- 300ml dry white wine
- Zest of 1 lemon plus a good couple of squeezes of juice
- A good handful of chopped parsley
- Cook the spaghetti according to instructions
- Add the oil to a frying pan on a medium heat. Cook the chicken in the pan gently, you want it cooked through and white but not browned. Once cooked remove to a plate and keep warm.
- Cook the asparagus in boiling water for four minutes and drain, keep warm.
- In the meantime melt the butter in a frying pan and cook the spring onions and garlic gently for two minutes.
- Turn up the heat and add the white wine to the pan.
- Cook rapidly on high for one minute.
- Add the chicken stock and cook for another two minutes.
- Add the chicken back to the pan with the lemon zest, a squeeze of lemon juice and the coconut milk and simmer for a couple of minutes to heat through.
- Add the parsley and the drained pasta to the pan and stir to coat the pasta with the sauce.
- Divide the spaghetti between four bowls, top with asparagus and pour the remaining sauce over.
Do you have any favourite Easter or spring recipes to share? Add them to the link up below and we will share as many as we can on our social media channels.