Easter is one of my favourite holidays of the year, I love it and it is the perfect opportunity to indulge in a lot of baking and a big family get together. That’s before I even think about all the chocolate…
There are so many sensational Easter recipes around at the moment that we felt it was our duty to share so we can all enjoy them together.
- We love Thinly Spread’s zingy lemony spring biscuits shaped into lambs, chicks and eggs, which look ever so cute and pretty.
- Hands up who loves creme eggs? They are so popular in Easter bakes now I couldn’t not share one or two of my favourite recipes around right now, one is Kerry Cooks’ no bake creme egg cheesecake bites.
- If you’re planning a big family get together on Easter Sunday, Munchies and Munchkins’ roast lamb recipe is ideal. Full of flavour from fennel, rosemary, lemon and garlic, mmmm.
- If you’ve never tried a mug cake you must! Farmersgirl Kitchen has captured all the lovely flavours of a hot cross bun in a super speedy microwave mug cake.
- You’ll either thank me or hate me for sharing Elizabeth’s Kitchen Diary’s Cadbury creme egg ice cream cake, if you need an egg-cellent centre piece this Easter, this is the one. It looks amazing!
- If you feel like trying something different how about Chestnuts and Truffles’ Italian Easter cake, or Columba, which apparently is to the Italian Easter what the panettone is to Christmas.
- My Fussy Eater’s very cute Easter bunny trail mix is the ultimate snack to munch on during an Easter Sunday film. It’s something you can get the children involved in making too.
- It just isn’t Easter without hot cross buns and Natural Kitchen Adventures’ spelt and chestnut recipe looks really tasty, and they are very low in sugar too.
- My Little Italian Kitchen has made some gorgeously pretty Italian Easter bread with mini eggs, or it can be made with dyed hard boiled eggs. The sweet brioche-like bread would make a great Easter morning treat.
- Another version of hot cross buns is Domestic Gothess’ hokkaido milk bread hot cross bun loaf, flavoured with mixed spice, orange zest, candied peel and raisins it looks amazing and I bet it tastes awesome toasted with a dollop of butter melting on it.
photo credits top left to right: Elizabeth’s Kitchen Diary, Natural Kitchen Adventures, Thinly Spread, My Fussy Eater, My Little Italian Kitchen
And ten more egg-citing recipes…
- Iced Jems exceptionally cute Easter bunny cupcakes
- My Golden Pear’s white chocolate coconut mousse
- Shugary Sweets’ decadent Cadbury egg fudge.
- We all love marzipan and Only Crumbs Remain has made simnel cupcakes.
- A mouth-watering mini eggs chocolate slice from Scarlet Scorch Droppers.
- Baking A Mess’ pretty creme egg cupcakes.
- For an Easter showstopper try this Easter galaxy golden eggs chocolate pinata cake from Jo’s Kitchen.
- Love bread and butter pudding? Then you’ll want to dive into Frey Cob’s hot cross bun butter pudding.
- Lil’s Luna’s Easter Oreo bark would make a great gift and one the children can help to make!
- This will have the children giggling, Maison Cupcake’s Easter chocolate bunny bum cake!