The average parent has just thirty four minutes to prepare the evening meal in their hectic daily lives, so it’s no wonder many of us are turing to ready meals to feed our families. Red Tractor Beef & Lamb want to challenge this, and have launched a campaign to help families rediscover traditional cooking techniques that are easy to prep, slow-cook, one-pot-wonders! We set some of our bloggers the challenge to put together the tastiest dish they cook using the Peasant Food trend and here’s what they came up with:
1. Charlottes Lively Kitchen – This easy to make Irish Stew is delicious and filling and provides you with half of your 5-a-day with only fifteen minutes preparation!
2. Time 2 Gossip – You don’t have to order from a takeaway to enjoy a Chinese meal, and this Chinese-style beef is both filling and nutritious.
3. Over A Cuppa – Slow cooking doesn’t necessarily mean a slow cooker, as this beef with garlic, lemon and thyme recipe demonstrates.
4. What The Redhead Said – A really simply to make one-pot lamb stew that can be cooked over the course of the day and served whenever you’re ready for it.
5. Hijacked By Twins – This recipe brings together a hearty, tasty meal whilst giving you some time back.
6. What Katy Said – Make a beef hotpot in the slow cooker with this recipe for busy mums.
7. Truly Madly Kids – This dish uses prunes and apricots to create an easy lamb peasant dish to warm you from the inside out.
8. Helpful Mum – This recipe has introduced a new recipe to Sian’s children as well as showing them the importance of eating a meal all together.
9. Keeper Of The Kitchen – By throwing this lamb and mushroom recipe into the slow cooker first thing, you can then enjoy a day out together before settling down to a home-cooked meal at the table.
10. Tastefully Vikkie – Free up your hands for the day, without compromising on taste with this Mild Beef Bhuna recipe.
For more Peasant Food recipes take a look at these:
Slow Cooked Lamb Rogan Josh by The Minis Mes and Me
One Pot Beef Curry Recipe from Super Busy Mum
Beef Bourguignon by Lamb & Bear
Child-Friendly Chilli with Mummy of 2+1
Beef Rogan Josh from Mummy Vs Work
Ox Cheek with Spring Greens by Midwife & Life