If you love scallops you’ll be thrilled to know they are back in season in the UK at the moment. So if you want to make the most of this firm, sweet, tasty mollusc which also happens to be packed full of minerals and the vitamin B12 you need one of these recipes in your life…
- Andy’s Kitchen’s seared scallops with ginger, garlic and coriander is packed full of flavour from the spices and aromatic coriander, mmm.
- Scallops make really great starters and Wheelie Good Meals has made scallops with curried cauliflower purée and smoked bacon.
- If you enjoy your scallops with a creamy sauce then Saucy Dressings’ Galway races scallops with a pernod cream sauce is the recipe to go for. You’ll want to dive head first into this dish!
- When you are really looking to impress someone you can’t go wrong with this scallops with beurre blanc and grapes recipe from Chef Kevin Ashton, it looks so delicious.
- For a more substational meal Farmersgirl Kitchen serves her seared scallops with leek tagliatelle and chilli jam on a bed of buttery mashed potatoes.
- I would never have thought of barbecuing scallops but fortunately Jane from The Hedge Combers has and they look amazing. What a great summer dish, BBQ scallops in bacon.
- Cooking for someone special? Or just because…how about decadent seared scallops in a champagne sauce from Dine With Emma?
- At Neil’s Healthy Meals he makes the scallops with chilli and lime and serves them with a spinach and toasted pine nut salad for a healthy, light but very tasty meal which is ready in just minutes.
- If you like a big hearty meal, The Foodie Couple Blog have a recipe for scallop and chorizo paella which I imagine tastes absolutely fantastic. It looks really good too.
- Another great starter which apparently goes really well with a cold glass of sauvignon blanc is Slow The Cook Down’s pan fried scallops with bacon puree and black pudding with the saltiness of the bacon puree complimenting the scallops.
Ten more recipes for scallops…
- Emily’s Recipes and Reviews’ five spice scallops with noodles
- Mushroom risotto with chilli truffle scallops in a parmesan bowl from Franglais Kitchen
- Delicious Magazine’s seared scallops on pea and mint risotto
- Scallop and prawn sea-sation from Love Food 2 Love Life
- Pistachio orange crusted scallops from My Little Italian Kitchen
- Mid week scallop supper from Heidi Roberts Kitchen Talks
- From London Unattached, seared scallops with chilli lime butter
- Scallop Queenies, black pudding, peas and mint from Spaulyseasonalservings
- What Dad Cooked makes turbot and scallops in a wine and cream sauce
- From Cous Cous Bang Bang, crab, scallop and black pudding jambalaya
Featured Image : The Hedge Combers